One of One COPO?

Spool'n Fool

I'm not selling this but came across it on the Trader..

Never heard of this one before?? Fact or Fiction? Anyone? Anyone? :confused:

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL T-type intercooled turbo, 30k actual miles, GM Exec COPO, 1-of-1, only metallic blue factory original, blue int., full power options, GNX wheels, original tires, 1 owner FL car, all documentation! No Flaws! $25,000

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...year=1987&start_year=1985&lang=en&cardist=136

Step away from the crack pipe

COPO= CENTRAL OFFICE PRODUCTION ORDER. Correct terminology wrong era. Typically used when refering to 69 big block Camaros produced striped domn for race, and in very limited quantities.
They are quite valuable and are only out classed by the all aluminum motored ZL1 Camaros.

he is lying!!! I have one to !! :rolleyes: :eek: :p

Attachments

• Blue1.JPG
    Blue1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 218
Spool'n Fool said:

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL T-type intercooled turbo, 30k actual miles, GM Exec COPO, 1-of-1, only metallic blue factory original, blue int., full power options, GNX wheels, original tires, 1 owner FL car, all documentation! No Flaws! $25,000

im 5 minutes from that place,im going to stop in and educate them,my friend looked at the car and said it was a pos?weird name ,nice cars ...usually that is..ill let ya know.

hummmm

Orr.... was it 3 Turbos???with a 1 off Executive factory nitrous kit and solid rocket boosters?? :confused: :biggrin:

tommynos said:
Spool'n Fool said:

im 5 minutes from that place,im going to stop in and educate them,my friend looked at the car and said it was a pos?weird name ,nice cars ...usually that is..ill let ya know.
------------------------------
looks like some type of damage on the driver side rear bumper filler, so it probably is a pos. I have never heard the term COPO used with the turboBuicks, but I have with other GM cars. My guess is that it is going to be one of those "Well, that's what I was told by the present owner" stories.

My BS detector just went crazy!!!!!!

I worked at Buick when these cars were built. There were lots of engineering cars with all kinds of different parts on them. That doesn't make them a Special order. A special order implies that it rolled down the assembly line and was built that way....NFW!!!

Show me the SPID (Service Parts Identification) label on the trunk lid. "If" this was truely a special order car, it will have special/unknown RPO codes on that label.