OMG It's a buick to paint.

onefastgn

Here are a few shots of Jeremy's buick that he droped off during the power tour. Just getting started, should look a bit different in the next few weeks. I think Pink will look pretty cool!:D

Attachments

• DSCN2597.jpg
    DSCN2597.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,410
  • DSCN2600.jpg
    DSCN2600.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,386
  • DSCN2607.jpg
    DSCN2607.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,412
  • DSCN2610.jpg
    DSCN2610.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,416
Looking forward to that nice new pink paint job Tony!:biggrin: Cant wait to see the progress. ----Jeremy

progress picture

Progress picture, going good

Attachments

• DSC_1468.jpg
    DSC_1468.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,317
Looking great Tony! It's nice to have a painter that actually works on their projects instead of sticking them in the corner!:biggrin:

What...you don't like giving money down on a paint job and have it sit for a month before any work happens....then get the nerve to ask for more money because they have none left...or better yet they bring in another car so they have money again....no worries here, should be primed and ready to be blocked next week sometime. Glad i don't do business that way. Thanks ;)

My body guy has been putting my floor pans in for 8 months and counting.. I have made such good friends with him from going there so much I just work on my car at his shop. I just want my car back. Lol

I'm having my 84 GN painted now. It's been there for 7 months so far. I gave him a down payment for materials, than he wanted more money, then he took the materials back for the money (I know this becuase my friend owns the paint supply store), then he wanted more money, then he wanted me to buy the materials again, now he's had the car in primer for 6 months. I drove by to see the car and it was under a tarp on the side of the building. He wants more money to finish it now. I'm stuck though, he's got sooo much money from me that I couldnt afford to have someone else finish it.

I did talk to him today and he said it would have paint on it this weekend. I have heard that about 20 times already though.

Thank you Tony, your a great guy and it's nice to not have to worry about my car like I am with the 84. The 10 hour drive to get it to you was well worth it. -----Jeremy:)

WOW! A body guy that actually does body work? THat's unheard of. Last body guy I had touch my car he had it at the shop for 2 months.

impressed.....like all the previous posts.... most NON-insurance shops, steal your money and make excuses upon excuses - cant wait to see the final product and i wish you were closer:cool:

aaron

I may have to come see you my prob is my car will be a weee bit more than a strip and shoot.....:mad:

My body guy has been putting my floor pans in for 8 months and counting.. I have made such good friends with him from going there so much I just work on my car at his shop. I just want my car back. Lol
At that rate you might be related next....lol. Hope he get it's done and it looks good. I know the feeling first hand before i started doing this for a living painting corporate jets, now i have a shop at home to do side work. I really enjoy doing cars and making people happy. Sure i get paid, but you will get a great job for a fair price and i don't do multiple job at a time. I do one and finish it 100% before taken on the next one. I wish you the best of luck.:)

I'm having my 84 GN painted now. It's been there for 7 months so far. I gave him a down payment for materials, than he wanted more money, then he took the materials back for the money (I know this becuase my friend owns the paint supply store), then he wanted more money, then he wanted me to buy the materials again, now he's had the car in primer for 6 months. I drove by to see the car and it was under a tarp on the side of the building. He wants more money to finish it now. I'm stuck though, he's got sooo much money from me that I couldnt afford to have someone else finish it.

I did talk to him today and he said it would have paint on it this weekend. I have heard that about 20 times already though.

Thank you Tony, your a great guy and it's nice to not have to worry about my car like I am with the 84. The 10 hour drive to get it to you was well worth it. -----Jeremy:)
That means i have 6 months and three weeks left..lol. Thats like a panel a week. Man at that rate i would be broke. It's a pleasure doing a car for you Jeremy. I can't wait to get it done for you soon.

impressed.....like all the previous posts.... most NON-insurance shops, steal your money and make excuses upon excuses - cant wait to see the final product and i wish you were closer:cool:

aaron

Aaron, meet me here in the Quad Cities when I go to pick the car up and you can drop your car off at the same time!

I personally dont mind the trip knowing I have nothing to worry about and knowing the car is going to look great when it's done. It's well worth the trip rather than having months upon months of a nightmare trying to get your car back from a drugged out painter that holds your car hostage.

Tony has gone above and beyond what we originally talked about just becuase he wants his cars to come out looking A+++. Tony, I cant thank you enough for all the help you have given me through the years. You are THE MAN!!!!!!:biggrin:

Thought i would give a update on how things are going so far. It's primed and ready to be hand blocked. I should have it based next week Tuesday. Here are a few shots so far. Vacation has made it hard to work on, but now it's time to getter done. DP20 is applied, and guide coat is on and ready to be sanded.:D

Attachments

• DSC_1768.jpg
    DSC_1768.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 963
  • DSC_1765.jpg
    DSC_1765.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 959
  • DSC_1771.jpg
    DSC_1771.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 984
  • DSC_1774.jpg
    DSC_1774.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 958
Wow, at first glance that looked like a ghetto sled on 24's, then I realized it was on jack stands... :eek: :biggrin: Coming right along!

Had to do a quick check in from the beautiful land of Canada to see the progress on my car! It amazes me how fast you work and I'm really looking forward to seeing that beautiful black............ummmmm I mean PINK Grand National cruising down the road!:biggrin:

Up next will be some front suspension work. Now that Austin blew his motor up, I guess me and TurboNut will have to hash it out on the track!!!!:D