OMG 13" Rotors....

Royal-T-Ltd

If some of you may recall .... a while back i was contemplating which brand of aftermarket brake kit to buy. Well after alot of searching, I decided to call up Baer for one of their tried and proven kits.... and they finally got here. ;)

Customer Service [Rick Elam] A+...
Sheer look / cosmetics A+

i cant wait to install them. I will try and snap a few pictures of the kit to post later today.. These are gonna look great coming from behind my new 18's [whenever they get here] :D

great to hear you decided on the 13" kit
I dont have it on my gn but my mustang w/ cartech turbo has it and let me share this with you I have the race pads 13" front 12" rear if you didnt have the seat belts on you'd head first through the windshield
my 89 vette has 996 tt posrshe big reds and I appreciate it
Im working on something for my gn/gn's I was leaning towards a fabbed kit with 13" vette brakes myself, have the 1le brakes and a arms and b body spindles I prob wont go this route though....cant stop driving the gn long enough to fab it to fit

anyhow cant wait for pics I love this topic you can never have too much of it

i have some photos... what do ihave to do to attach photos or do i have to put on someone's sight and link it :confused:

I also have the Baer brake kit on my Mustang and love it, looks and performance.

I don't mean to hi-jack the the thread but have you guys heard of people complaining about not be able to launch as good with rear rotors? I guess they don't hold the car under boost as well? :confused:

Just thought I'd see what you guys thought.

PS you can also send me the pics and I can host them for you.

i've heard that before. that's one reason i didnt opt for the rears...

.....the other is money $$$ ;) I'll send u pix in a minute.

x2cstang said:
I don't mean to hi-jack the the thread but have you guys heard of people complaining about not be able to launch as good with rear rotors? I guess they don't hold the car under boost as well?

I can hold 7 PSI, without really trying. 02 Camaro brakes all around.

There are way too many street/ race cars running discs all around, for that statement of rear discs not holding boost, well, IMO.

bruce said:
I can hold 7 PSI, without really trying. 02 Camaro brakes all around.

There are way too many street/ race cars running discs all around, for that statement of rear discs not holding boost, well, IMO.

You know your right about to many street/race cars having disc all the way around and not having them perform well. Such a simple answer to that question, but I guess sometimes thats all it takes.
I guess I'll be buying my Baer brake setup this week then!

Thanks!

You can easily hold 12 psi. boost with the Baer setup 12" front and their back setup.

Tires don't hold it well after you launch where I race however. :(

Most racecars use transbrakes however so they don't launch much off the brakes.

The Baer setup comes complete and with good instructions, you will like the performance for sure. :cool:

Is there alot of fabrication that needs to be done? I've always been interested in a BAER 13+ / 17" setup... I'm sure you'll enjoy your setup... :D

NO fabrication at all... BAER has done all the work for you.... they come pre mounted on spindles... just take yours off and bolt new ones on.. I know I'll LOVE'em.... I'm just waiting on my rims to be finished. :D

I'm ignorant here...but do these spindles have the open wheel bearings or are they the sealed type?
Thanks for the reply...and get some pics up here... :D

I have them on my Mustang and I love them!!!

There was no fab involved at all on my Mustang I put it on my car in less than a day.

The front bearing assy is a sealed unit and as said before the rotors, caliper, spindle and hub are already put together as an assy.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it works when I sell my Mustang and buy the kit!!!

How do i post pictures. I cant find any icon to attach pix to post....what am i doing wrong :confused: TIA

Royal-T-Ltd said:
How do i post pictures. I cant find any icon to attach pix to post....what am i doing wrong :confused: TIA

You aren't doing anything wrong. They don't allow image tags or attachements here. You're going to have to host them somewhere else and give us a link to your gallery.

When you reply, there is an icon below that says "manage attachments"

Attachments

• wheelsup15.jpg
    wheelsup15.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 189
I drove a guys buick last week with them brakes on the front and he has a 9" rear with big ford drum brakes on the back

holy cow does it stop

when you go out for first ride put your seat belt on :D

finally pix

THANKS JPRATT!!! :D

and Reds hot Air.... i can hardly wait... should be like night and day.... im just waiting on my wheels so i can fit them "big ass brakes" on there ;)

Attachments

• BAERbrakes.jpg
    BAERbrakes.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 211
When our wheels come, and you get the car put together. Give me a shout I would love to take a ride and feel how good they stop the ride.
Jeff

Do the baer 12" front brakes use the gn spindles and do they come with the braided brake lines?