Older Kenne Bell knock detector

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
I need the wiring directions for this knock detector. Does anyone know the schematics or can point me in the right direction.
Knock gauge.jpg

I have the same one in one of my cars, got it from old bowling green customs, don't think its a ken bell, so mabe that's a easier path..

Last edited:
OK I just thought that because I found a pic of one like mine and he thought it was a KB. I may have to dissect it.

OK I just thought that because I found a pic of one like mine and he thought it was a KB. I may have to dissect it.
It does have a cool memory feature tho, if you get knock on a wot run it will stay lit for 30 seconds where the highest knock occurred so you can see it instead of going back down to the green light quick like the round caspers....
old stuff but cool...

Kenne Bell sold them too.

I'd try the red and black to battery power FIRST, and see if the green LED lights up for power.

If that works, I believe the yellow wire goes to the ECM KR wire which is yellow with a black stripe on it, same as for any knock detector sensor lead.

I believe the white wire was for an external audible alert.

And it works well since it holds the lights on longer than most detectors 30-45 seconds.