Old School Harley

chrisgarrett

Registered Member
Bought an '82 FLH last fall. I just finished rebuilding the motor and trans. Can't wait for Spring. :smile:

Attachments

• Motorcycle lift 004.jpg
    Motorcycle lift 004.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 216
Old school?

Old School? how old are you 16? to most people Old School is about pre 1970 at least.
looks good though, I like the leather look, it's a bitch to keep up with but looks real nice.

Old School? how old are you 16? to most people Old School is about pre 1970 at least.
looks good though, I like the leather look, it's a bitch to keep up with but looks real nice.

LOL I'm actually an old guy, but I have two sons who make me feel like everthing I do is "old school."

Those Harbor Freight lifts are the cat's meow, aren't they? I love mine and it is usually holding a bike project at all times. I like that Honda project you posted on the other board too Chris!

Yeah, I was afraid to buy the lift, knowing that Harbor Freight sells Chinese crap. But a lot of guys on the Shovelhead forums said they had them for years and were happy with them. They're a great bargain. I didn't like the tire vise though, so I installed an HB wheel-chock up front. Wish I would have had it when I was doing the Honda. Boy they sure make workin' on the bike a pleasure.

Ya'll do realize 1980 was 30 years ago. So when you 1970 muscle car in the year 2000 that people called old school is no different than calling a 1980 bike old school. Some of you are just getting ancient. ;)

Both bikes look awsome.The kick start only part brings back nightmares of my old 75 sporty.If you didnt get it the first try you would be kicking for awhile:biggrin:

back in about '98 or so, one of my undles won a brand new Harley in a raffle. i can't remember the model right off hand, but it had a retail value of about $10k. he didn't like it- it didn't have a kickstart option and rode too nice. so he traded it away for two older Harleys that were kickstart only and rode like crap.
when i was a kid in the early 80's, i always remember him having his Harley in pieces all over their apartment during the winter months, with the engine and trans in pieces scattered all over the coffee table in the living room..
that, people, is old school..
in the end, he only had about $1500 (what he had to pay in taxes and what not on the one that he won) in a pair of neat old Harleys. he gave one of them to his youngest son.

back in about '98 or so, one of my undles won a brand new Harley in a raffle. i can't remember the model right off hand, but it had a retail value of about $10k. he didn't like it- it didn't have a kickstart option and rode too nice. so he traded it away for two older Harleys that were kickstart only and rode like crap.
when i was a kid in the early 80's, i always remember him having his Harley in pieces all over their apartment during the winter months, with the engine and trans in pieces scattered all over the coffee table in the living room..
that, people, is old school..
in the end, he only had about $1500 (what he had to pay in taxes and what not on the one that he won) in a pair of neat old Harleys. he gave one of them to his youngest son.

It seems that most shovelhead, panhead and knucklehead owners are totally dedicated to the old style and want nothing to do with the evo's. I suspect that much of their dislike is also directed at the Company.