Okay guys, give it to me

nybuickant

New York Punk Rock
Your opinions that is.

Its about that time for me to start going faster. I have a budget of about $3000. My goal is to be able to run 12.00s with DR's and 94 octane w/ alky. Besides the alcohol and some suspension work I'm not sure which route to take. My mods are below, I have most of the "little" stuff already. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Really pushing your current combo will get you there. I would go with a TE44 or TA49 to make it easier though. I would run race fuel rather than alky. I am not a big fan of alky, but it will work.

I've ran 13.30s w/3-4lb launch( I can't hold any more) with sh***Y tires. My short times are 2.1-2.3. Oh yeah I do have a scanmaster too.

You may want to upgrade your intercooler. I would also recommend a TA49. It has better street manners than a TE series.

I would also second the comment on using race fuel.

The only thing I would add is the TA49/TE44 turbo and that's it. The stock turbo can run lows 12's as is on race fuel so may it be able to do it on alchy but I would step up to a better turbo. then tune away.. I see no need to add anything else to what you already have..

Chad has a great web site with alchy info if you have not seen it yet..
http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/tech.html

:cool:

Will the Ta49 spool with my converter, its a stock converter loosened to 2800? If not which converter will it work with? Also I'd like to get a pair a chips burned for my combo, one for the street and one for the track. Where are some places that can do that for me?

Originally posted by nybuickant
Will the Ta49 spool with my converter, its a stock converter loosened to 2800? If not which converter will it work with? Also I'd like to get a pair a chips burned for my combo, one for the street and one for the track. Where are some places that can do that for me?
The TA49 will be perfect for your converter. Red Armstrong at Quad Air will burn you some good chips. Here is there # (440)-235-3232

Good Luck!!!
Rob

A different Route

I suggest you start from the back and move forward. I can take 2 stock TR's and build one with a powerful motor, and one with a superb rear suspension. You can probably guess which one will win a drag. It all happens in the first 60 feet. Take care of the posi-unit, the upper and lower control arms, (or air bags), and the tires. Get that back side firmly planted onto the pavement then look to the motor. Just my 02 - BB:D

I agree, the turbos will be fine with what you have. For chips I would consider the MaxEffort since these were designed with alchy in mind. Great chips! It is not needed tho...:cool:

I agree with Buick Beginner, put your existing power to use first. ET(s) are all the first 60 ' You also need to launch the car - you need to be able to hold at least 6-8 lbs of boost on the line, ten is better;) Put whatever you need to into your brake system to hold the power (double long shoes, S-10 wheel cylinders, adj. prop. vavle etc.) or install a trans brake.

Once you can plant and launch your car, then put more $(s) into the motor.

Good Luck