ok this seems odd (ecm, coil pack)???

justamatt

well fyi im in the process of nursing this 89 tta back to health and am almost there. I installed a knock guage and im getting some knock up too 16 counts at WOT but only in first gear i figured it was false but did some basic checking besides O2 readings due to crappy laptop wont record in power logger well i started with an ignition firing indicator cause she almost feels like she is missing a bit and the funny thing is the light starts flashing about 6" from the wires on passanger side and almost not at all on the driver side??? first thoughts were coil pack and or plug gap i didnt gap them cause they are autolite iridiums so i went ahead and gaped them to .035 that took some of the knock out to where its yellow instead of red still at wot in first gear after 10lbs of boost. so now ive just replaced the coil pack with an accel and still when i do the wire check i get the same readings could this be the ecm?? ill be doing a knock count tomorrow but any ideas as to why the probable power difference from passanger to driver side all wires are autolites and fairly new:confused:

ak i forgot when i regaped wires any feeling of a miss went away