OK Kansans,June 5th let's try to have a DRY meet. lol

mrstage1

Woulda posted this in the appropriate area but I wanted to get the word out and don't know how many people frequent the meeting place sections.

Anywho: Since we have been deemd unworthy by mother nature to have a bright, sunny Buick meet in NE Kansas this spring, I talked to racebuicks after his got wet and decided to make another go at having a meet for us Buick guys to get together and show off these bad machines.

Date is June 5th
Time: Noon to whenever you'd like to call it a day.
Place is Overkill Street Performance and Racing
941 East 23rd Street in Lawrence Kansas.
Zip is 66046 for you guys with mapquest and GPS.

Lawrence is about 35 miles West of KC and 25 miles East of Topeka. Right between the two on I70.

Just gonna have a meet and greet with a BBQ and some good times talking about our passion for Buicks with fellow enthusiasts. It's at my shop because it's easy to find and I have room for the cars. It's not about my shop or selling myself as I have been a Buick guy far longer than a shop owner so just come on out and have fun with no worries.

Later that night in Lawrence a local sports bar has a cruise night that if some want to invade and show them some real cars, I'm all for it. Also the sports bar gives coupons for 33% off to any (free) on site registered cruise night entrants.

BTW: Their food is great!

So, hope to meet some new people and catch up with familiar faces at the meet. I KNOW there are some KC/Topeka area Buick owners that need to come say hi before I show up at their house late one night to say "Hey man, where you been. Longtime no see." and then run cause I woke them up. lol

LOL when I read the title I thought you guys were having problems with alcohol

If there's anywhere on earth that it would be a problem, it would be northeast kansas.

I'd love to be there but I've got a whole stack of obligations that weekend. gonna have to catch the gordons' bbq to see you guys again. You gonna fire up a dyno?

Hadn't planned on firing up the dyno since this deal is more about Buick guys getting together instead of a shop function/promo.... I don't want my Buick friends to think I have ulterior motives. But, if the guys want to, I can pull some cars I suppose. In that scenario I'll just do the special of $40 bucks for 3 pulls like we do for dyno days.

Sound good?

For those thinking of attending.. Weather forecast for Lawrence for Saturday is sunny to partly cloudy til 6pm. After that there is a 20% chance of evening rain.

Weather's good, it's warm outside and the place has been set. Sounds like a good reason to come on out and showoff some Buicks to me.

So people: Get those cars out of the garage and take a road trip.