oil pump ?

LSTTYPE

I want more oil pressure out of my TRs motor. It currently has only 10 psi at idle hot. The motor has about 20k miles on it. I just ordered a high volume kit from a respected vendor and I end up with the front oil cover and longer gears. I did not get any kind of spacer to make the gears work ( they stick out of the timing gear cover a half an inch)and after talking to a friend, he said the longer gears are hard on the cam gear. When I built my motor I ran a booster plate and for the life of me put in the original gears. Im thinking I should just re-use the booster plate, buy stock gears and hopefully regain more oil pressure. Any advice would be appreciated.

did you get a HV cover or just the pump?

The HV cover does not need the spacer but if the gears you have stick out - it is not a HV cover.

Spacer is part of HV kits to make use of the HV gears in a stock sized cover.

Port the timing cover and oil filter adapter. Use the booster plate with stock gears.

What type of clearances are on the rod and mains?

Does 1.5 thousanhts sound right, cant quit remember been 5 years now. We did port the timing chain cover though as refrenced by the buick power source book.

If you got a new cover and want hi-vol, then it would be better to get the hi-vol cover so there is no need for the spacer.

It is harder on the timing set but if one has the cover off - no excuse to still have the very old stock gears still in there