oil pump wtf

jonnylaw5o

new guy
having prolems with my oil pump
on a good day when i start the car cold it runs 60 oil psi then as it warms up it decreases till 20 sometimes 10 not ideal i know and if i turn it off after it warms up i have to wait till the engine cools or i wont get any oil pressure when i go to restart my buick :(
any ideas?

nah i dont think its anything wrong with the sendind unit or gauge for that matter cause when the oil pres. is at 0 i hear tick ticking in the heads so i kill itand say a quick prayer ive only done that twice
but heres another piece of the puzzle
i have on my car a turbo saver (if you dont know its a external oil filter) but after a drive its not hot maybe a lil warm but thats it
my car also burns oil in the cylinders, i know this because after the engine is warm and oil is thin it smokes but not when its cold so im thinking its turbo and not valve seal
i know im prolly gona have to rebuild the engine soon but kinda dont have that money so any lil fix i can do will help alot

If you want to bandaid it use thick oil like 20w50, but I don't know if it'll help you for long.

Try a NAPA GOLD filter or one from WIX. A multi grade oil that is either 40w or 50w on the high end, or add a can of STP oil additive & see if that helps.

~JM~