Oil pressure

eviljay

Just got the TTA out of storage and the oil pressure gauge seemed like it was reading kind of low. What should the stock gauge read?

eviljay said:
Just got the TTA out of storage and the oil pressure gauge seemed like it was reading kind of low. What should the stock gauge read?

What does yours read at idle and at higher rpm's ?

At hot idle mine reads about 20. Little lower than I like it to be but what can you do.

Jason

Eh...I don't agree with raising the weight of the oil to cover up a problem. That doesn't solve anything but cover up something that needs to be identified. From that thread 20 psi at hot idle looks pretty good.

Jason

when I noticed the oil pressure it was in cold idle and it was reading about 70. Then when it dropped it was sitting around 35. I guess this sounds pretty normal, however I think my mas might be going bad because when I start it it will idle around 2 grand and then it will drop to 500 to 700. Then sometimes it will rev up to 2 again before it smooths out. What ya think?

eviljay said:
when I noticed the oil pressure it was in cold idle and it was reading about 70. Then when it dropped it was sitting around 35. I guess this sounds pretty normal, however I think my mas might be going bad because when I start it it will idle around 2 grand and then it will drop to 500 to 700. Then sometimes it will rev up to 2 again before it smooths out. What ya think?

Let me see if I'm getting this straight; when you start it up it idles at about 2k and then when it warms up it drops to about 500-700 rpm and before it gets completely warmed up it will kind of jump up to about 2k and back down a couple times. Then when it's completely warm it'll stay around 500-700 rpm? If so that seems about right. My car does that especially after seeing for a couple weeks.

If your car idles at 2000 anytime the IAC or TPS is set wrong. These cars do "hunt" for RPMS but they shouldnt ever hunt to 2000. I would check the above two settings before replacing the MAF. It's hard to find a good reman MAF unit so you might be replacing a good part with a bad one hurting the problem.

Jason

Quiky One said:
If your car idles at 2000 anytime the IAC or TPS is set wrong. These cars do "hunt" for RPMS but they shouldnt ever hunt to 2000. I would check the above two settings before replacing the MAF. It's hard to find a good reman MAF unit so you might be replacing a good part with a bad one hurting the problem.

Jason

That sounds right to me too....

After you get the IAC and TPS set exactly, get a modern chip and your idle will be a lot better. :)