oil pressure switch?

No not at all, unless you aren't getting any fuel pressure and that circuit is also messed up.

It's an idiot light and a backup fuel prime circuit that's all.

Not a kill device.

From what ive been told, the oil pressure switch is a low pressure switch only to trip the idiot light on the dash.

I always delete that switch on my cars when i do a oil pressure gauge, and the cars have "spark" ....

Just leave the wiring unplugged to diagnose, it shoud run with it unplugged.

BW

oil pressure switch/ no start

It is true it can cause a no start situation. I had it happen on my 86gn. The rubber around the plug had fallen apart and it came off the switch and grounded out. I put electrical tape on it up temorarilly and it started fine.

It is true it can cause a no start situation. I had it happen on my 86gn. The rubber around the plug had fallen apart and it came off the switch and grounded out. I put electrical tape on it up temorarilly and it started fine.

This is the ONLY way the oil pressure switch can stop your car from running(shorting to ground). The switch only lights the idiot light, and acts as a bypass for the fuel pump relay(in case it goes bad). It's wired in parallel with the relay. If it AND the relay go bad= no fuel pressure. If either's wires go to ground= blown fuse. Check the fuel pump ground back by the tank too(do you have a hot-wire kit on the car?). If you have no fuel pressure: start by checking the fuel pump, relay and grounds. If you have no spark: the problem is elsewhere.

I tried to eliminate the oil pressure switch when I installed an oil pressure gauge and my car would not start. I also replaced that switch because it was leaking which I understand is another common occurrance.
I now know that I probably have a bad fuel pump relay because the car should run with the OP switch disconnected.HTH
MH