Oil Pressure Switch Location ?

blipmode188

Can someone tell me where the oil pressure switch is located at
on a 86 GN ?

Also there is a sort of, let me describe it the best i can
a round can looking part near the oil filter that has a single wire going to it.
(Sort of looks like a short stuby fuel filter)

Someone has added a water temp and oil pressure gauge on the drivers pillar
and the water temp gauge works but the oil pressure gauge does not.
Does that round part have something to do with the aftermarket oil pressure gauge ?

Thanks Steve

Its located on the passengers side of the block around the same level as the waterpump where the head banks 'V' off from the block core. Its 14" NPT.

Follow the turbo oil feed line down to where it comes out of the engine block.

That sending unit with the wire is most likely a aftermarket sending unit.

Take a look at the sending unit, if you can put a 1/2 inch or 9/16 wrench on it to tighten it on the bottom side, then its aftermarket.

If you have to use a sending unit socket its the original sending unit, there will be notches on the stock sending unit for the socket to grab, also the stock one has a 2 prong plug on it that is identical to your headlight socket.

Does the wire leading to it look factory or aftermarket, also does that wire lead into the cabin of the car?

Run a new wire into the cabin and pull the gauge out, touch the wire to the s plug on the gauge and it should work if you have power and ground.

BW

It appears to have both The stock one is towards the front of the car
and the other must be aftermarket. Looks like someone did a little plumbing work to keep both.
Does the factory oil press switch really need a special wrench or would a deep well socket work if it fits correctly, or can you damage the switch somehow ?

Ive used channel locks before to remove the stock sender, but never reinstalled it.

If you can find a correct socket to fit, try it:smile:

BW