oil pressure loss after oil change

Well after looking at civer it is not ported at all. Would having a high volume pump and no work to cover cause it to simply not keep up feeding oil. ...

When you prime the motor with the drill do you get any resistance? I know your plugs are in but when mine fell out I never got a pressure on the drill when priming. Fixed the plug and I felt it in the drill. It should spin for a few seconds and then build resistance. You'll know it.

If you're gauge is functioning properly and you don't have any resistance priming then you have an oil pump problem. You'd need a major bearing issue to not see any oil pressure.

Ps first oil filter was fine cut open nothing in it. Had oil pressure with both filters. Drove car 20 minutes with send filter on it after Hot it lost pressure. Like said pan is off now and I don't see anything that scares me.

What about the pickup.
Are the bolts tite?
Is there a gasket?

I'd be replacing that pump. Especially since the Mellings pump has a history of failing. I just wouldn't be comfortable with it.

I'd be replacing that pump. Especially since the Mellings pump has a history of failing. I just wouldn't be comfortable with it.
Might you have experience w/ such a failure? If so,you mind posting what you experienced?

..did you check the filter thats on the motor right now ?
it could have collapsed inside

Replaced pump did the earl brown mods to cover while it was apart. Packed sucker full of vaseline. Primed with drill and now has pressure. So started it and all is good again. So im assuming lost prime. I have running now for 45 minutes hot sits at 20psi . Cut filters open nothing inside.

Replaced pump did the earl brown mods to cover while it was apart. Packed sucker full of vaseline. Primed with drill and now has pressure. So started it and all is good again. So im assuming lost prime. I have running now for 45 minutes hot sits at 20psi . Cut filters open nothing inside.
Glad to hear you got it fixed... Wonder what the cause was. Did the pump gears fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might you have experience w/ such a failure? If so,you mind posting what you experienced?

Had one fail in a 440 Chrysler quite a while ago. I never took it apart to see why it was at 0 psi oil pressure. At first I thought it was the car next to me that was making all the valvetrain clatter. Went MoPar Perf after that with the spacer plate.

Second case: The video a few posts back. Scary stuff.

There's something to be said for factory parts. ...but that's all relative and a matter of opinion.

I'm curious as to find what the problem ends up being in the original posters car.

Ive had my gn 10 years never had it lose prime. And when spun with drill on this one and it never primed I was like wth. Only other difference was put a ac filter on this time and not a wix. So I got them keeping close eye on oil pressure.

I'll bet what happened is the same as in that video in the beginning of this thread. The press-fit of the rotor shaft inside the rotor,no longer became a press fit. The shaft would then spin inside the rotor,maybe even catching it enough to give that low pressure reading that was happening.

Will you be doing an autopsy of that Mellings pump?