Oil pan gasket for Timing cover swap

Smokin_GN

Only lil girls ride ponys
I'm about to do a cam swap and bought the Fel-Pro timing cover gasket kit (45006 or 45930) and they come with the front oil pan gasket for a 14-bolt oil pan...i have a 20-bolt. The 20-bolt requires a V-shaped gasket. Anyone know where I can get one???

I've tried local part stores and some vendors...no one has any.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!

RJC sells the extra thick cork Duttweiler 20 bolt oil pan gaskets & they work great!
I have even reused them after a few thousand miles after breakin when checking the pan for any crud.
Also, doesn't Napa sell a 20 bolt pan gasket? They cant be that rare?? Ask for a Victor Reinze gasket since they were the original suppliers.

Thanks for the info Six...I'll look into it.

I'm only looking for the "front" partial oil pan replacement that comes with a timing cover kit.

pan gasket

i stopped using pan gaskets all together on my car. i have had great luck with using just "the right stuff" sealing the pan. i can torque the bolts nice and tight without worrying about blowing the gasket out and have zero leaks. i always had to retighten the bolts every so often with the cork or rubber gaskets. i did my pan this way because i read somewhere that a well known buick engine builder uses some sort of silicone with no gasket on their engines so they could get the proper torqure and not ruin the gaskets in the process. it has definitely worked for me

If not replacing the whole pan gasket when R&R the timing cover, just use silicone. (The Right Stuff, Ultra-Black, ect.) Put a thick (1/4") inside the bolt hols of the pan, and a bead on the bottom of the timing cover inside the bolt holes, too. As the timing cover is slid into position, it will drag the silicone into place. Be sure to use a 1/8" bead in the corners of the pan/timing cover interface.

The CORRECT way, is to lower the pan and install a new pan gasket after R&R of timing cover. (but WHO does that?;))

Thanks guys...I think I'm going to drop the pan and make sure everything is good underneath anyway.

TurboFab...you're killing me man...guilt trip on "doing it the right way" ;)