Oil out breather? Cause?

Beecha91

Every once in a while when I first start my car, it will smoke from under the hood for a few seconds. The drivers side breather is filling with oil seeping thro the filter itself and dripping onto the head thus making smoke. What causes this and is there any fixes?? Any help would be great Thanx

you COULD drain the oil and run it like that. no oil, no smoke. that or you could also not turn it on. i dont know how far you could get tho.

oilie

;) I do not think running it with out oil is a good idea :eek: remove breather and clean it - blow it out from the inside or k&n filter cleaner or paint thinner works well too. :cool: Check the gasket for the tube - replace. ;)

Is the PCV working? May be that it's time for new rings, if the PCV is working and you get enough leak at idle to blow oil out the vents. There are several threads here about stopping oil from blowing out through the PCV, do a search.

My pcv is brand new ac delco. I used to have a smoking issue through the exhaust, and the right kind of pcv fixed that. When I had the pcv blocked to see if that would stop the smoking through the exhaust it would push the oil out the driverside breather on the fill tube. After I put the right one in and hooked it back up the car car ran great and didnt smoke nor push oil out the breather. I recently lost the lil breather on the front side of the passenger valvecover. Do you think running it with no breather on that side would cause the oil to be pushed out the breathers on the driverside? Thats the only thing that has changed that would/could make it push oil out the breather. Cuz the car ran perfect up til then. Any thoughts would be awesome thanx guys