Oil filler tube ?

cesarp

84 Turbo Regal

Is it necesary to have the original set up on the oil filler tube ? Can that whole tube be taken out and just put a regular oil cap on there.

I know there is a passage (hose) conected to the air intake. Why was it design like this ? Is it possible for it to suck oil into the thorottle body ?

You need some thing to let air into your crankcase. That is what the purpose of the tube going into air duct. No it shouldn't suck oil into the TB. Thats usually what happens on the PCV side. If you want to replace put a breather there instead. One from a IC car works perfectly. Make sure you plug the hole on you air duct.

Eric Fisher

I just got through taking my engine down to the block. When I took off the air intake there was oil all thrughout the throttle body and associated parts. Even in the turbo. When I took off the hose hooked up to the oil fill tube, it was also filled with oil. I am convinced that particular setup is BAD. I am going to upgrade with a cool air intake from http://www.buickgn.com/. I will replace the oil fill tube with the breather from Kirbans. It says that its for 86-87, however it will fit.