Oil filler grommet

Vega v-6

Has anybody found a replacement grommet for the oil fill tube? I'd like to find one i could buy like yesterday...dorman/"help" brand @ autozone or Oreilly's got to have it but no one can seem to find listing. couple of stores online but don't want to wait a week to get it.
Help!

looking for a grommet or a gasket, can not remember if a grommet will fit properly cause of the slots on the VC??

My parts store has them with a foam insert in them, I paid like $3 for a pair of them. I also have a good parts store.

OK, this probably sounds a little redneck but I hated the way mine always leaked with the stock set-up on there. I took the old gasket thing off and found an old toliet tank filler tube gasket and cut it down so it would fit. Hold on, stay with me as this works really sweet. The gasket is bowl shaped (funny co-inky-dink huh?) so as the oil tube is twisted into shape the gasket flattens out which does 2 things for you. the first is it keeps the tube really tight and two it prevents it from leaking. Mine used to fall out after spirited driving but it doesn't now. Really cheap fix.

I think a regular oil cap will twist right in the same hole.

Couldn't you just buy a new oil cap and pull the rubber seal off it ? :D

I bought a 4" rubber end cap at Home Depot in the plumbing section for a couple bucks..I was able to make a couple of these gaskets with a razor blade..The rubber is about an 3/16 inch thick..Worked great...

Attachments

• rubber.jpg
    rubber.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 241
Take your tube to ACE hardware and get a rubber O ring. They have 100's of sizes and thicknesses. Mine has not leaked a drop in years, and only cost penny's.:eek:

Someone, I think Kirban, used to sell a silcone gasket that was thicker and maybe bigger od so it would seal up better. Check his website.