Oil cooler threads

Crazi

Why Try...
Does anyone know what size the oil cooler threads are and where I can get an adapter to fit it? I thought it was 1/2" NPT but that ain't it. Thought it might be 1/2" compression but that ain't it. The threads have a really high pitch compared to 1/2" NPT but will thread in about 3-4 turns. Thanks for any help.:confused:

I'll buy that Steve because I use a 3/4 open end to tighten um up!

If you plug that size into a search engine, you will find that is one of the sizes used in oil coolers...I found that much last night.

Hey Steve,

I did a search and found that that was the oil cooler adapter thread. What I was is the thread that is on the hose coming out of the adapter and going into/out of the cooler? I can get a perma-cool adapter with 3/8 npt thread. I assume this would get rid of the bypass but is 3/8 too small? Thanks. The number on the adapter is 182 I think.

I don't know if the Permacool adapter will work or not. That seems a bit small to me. We discussed this recently here...I think -8 hose which is a bit smaller than 1/2" diameter on the inside would be the minimum, and I decided later that -10 would be better. I guess it really depends upon the inner diameter of the fittings....