oil cooler removal?

waell

I'm installing a new raditor from az without the oil cooler or trans cooler lines. I did a search but i'm a bit confuesed???? Do I just loop the oil cooler lines or take the whole thing out. If I remove it, is there anything else I need to make it work. oh yeah, I'm also going to add the RJC Biggie oil adapter...if this changes anything. I know it's all been covered before but I want to be 100% sure so I don't screw up anything.

the easiest way would be too remove the oil cooler entirely instead of looping the lines.. only down side is the biggie adapter won't work

I think the original nut that holds oil cooler is different size on each end. the inside end is smaller i believe so I guess the "biggie" doesn't fit on the smaller fitting inside Going from memory from many years ago!

You can remove the entire oil cooler adapter without problem. You will not be able to use the biggie adapter.What I did was get the re-usable filter from Canton Racing. Its a billet filter canister with removable filter cartridges. Its pricey but nice. It will outflow any spin on filter and allows for easy inspections at oil changes.

Ah this subject again,

I would loop the lines or remove the adapter all together, now that I know better.

What ever you do , DON"T just remove the lines and plug the adapter. "Someone" did that on my car and it ruined some main bearings. :rolleyes:

The adapter by pass holes are too small for adequate oil flow.

I took my oil cooler adapter completely off. Then I got a oil filter adapter off of a SBC. The part that bolts on to the block and the filter screws onto. Chopped the aluminum top off of it and ran a 16mm tap through the threaded part. Then last but not least Locktited the adapter on to the stock oil filter threads. A cheap and easy "biggie" oil filter conversion. You have to clearance the intercooler bracket for the bigger oil filter. I now run a AC 24 oil filter. But once you put Locktite on the adapter and screw it on to the stock threads. It is on there for life. If you go back to the oil cooler you will have to get a new housing.