Oil catch cans

f117v6

Hi there I have searched the threads,and I am going to set up my GN.The question I have is what type of catch cans? baffled non baffled sealed or vented .I am going to do separate systems one for breathers and one for pcv .Any input on size ,baffle ,or not ect.. would help thanks.

Nonvevted for pcv. Keep in mind you will need to periodically empty and clean the pcv can so it needs to easily accessed. I prefer the smaller sized cans that screw apart. There also should be some kind of mesh material to wring out the oil/water from the fumes. The valve cover vents can go to a vented or nonvented. Open vents may lead to fumes accumulating in the car. Nonvented can be routed to the intake pipe after the maf. Lots of choices. Some more expensive than others. I went with a jlt universal for the pcv.

I used a JLT catch can with check valve for the PCV (pic from my old combo with old valve covers) and a vented GN1 catch can with fittings welded to the valve covers. That can is mounted to the core support under the headlights and no fumes enter the car.
JLT catch can.JPG IMG_20141026_174758_628.jpg