OH MY

kurt24

Just went to change out the factory radio with a Kenwood unit, and pulled the radio out and what a rats nest :( factory plug cut off and wires tapped in everywhere. only the rear speakers were on before,now I know why. Guess I need to start looking for what goes where

Just discovered I'm in the same boat. These idiots spent more on wire connectors than the $10 correct harness would have cost them!

This is actually pretty common unfortunately...when these buicks came out, there wasnt the luxury of harness adaptors out yet.....check my sticky on color wiring codes,should help you ....remember theres two brown and yellow wires...be carefull.

Btw.....edit......most 80's gm cars have the same plugs that can be used to repair the radio connections.

This is actually pretty common unfortunately...when these buicks came out, there wasnt the luxury of harness adaptors out yet.....check my sticky on color wiring codes,should help you ....remember theres two brown and yellow wires...be carefull.

Btw.....edit......most 80's gm cars have the same plugs that can be used to repair the radio connections.

Yep already printed that out. tomorrow I will take a picture. not sure where to even start. Maybe first check continuity to find speaker wires.

Is there anyplace that sells the correct plug to make it stock again? I already wired up the radio to a harness adapter

Thats the right plug, but the wire colors wont match...its tons easier to go to the salvage yard and get a oem harness....if youre good with a multimeter and patient, you can figure it out.

Attachments

• rvbcs.jpg
    rvbcs.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 91