OGS Propane Customer Service SuKKS.

wiked87gn

Banned
I have been trying to get a hold of OGS for the past 3 weeks emails and calls no replies, you cant even leave a message on their answering system because it hangs up on you before you even get to speak, worst customer service ever IMO, I have a propane system that came with the car i bought and the propane bottle is defective, i need to ethier 1- have it replace by a good one, or 2- at least be directed to a place where i can buy a new bottle that is small like the one the system uses, everywhere i go they only have the huge bottles and cannot find this small size bottle that fits in the trunk, when they tried filling up the bottle at the propane station it wouldn't take any propane at all, not even .2 pounds nothing,nada,zilch., Bear in mind tank has never ever been used or filled so they tried purging it and still nothing, conclusion was defective tank, so now i am stuck with a propane system with no god damn tank to use it with.. this blows..

It sounds like the valve (OPD) in the tank is defective. Will any propane come out of the bottle when you open the valve? Not connected to the system and out in the open with no flames around, of course.
Any propane dealer/supplier should be able to fix your problem.
Here is a link for a 4-1/2# tank which maybe your size.
http://www.fogdog.com/product/index.jsp?productId=5835

With the new style of valve there is a internal float like device that will shut off the flow (either direction) when an excessive flow occur.

Gary

this new tanks are not suppouse to let any propane out unless you push inside the valve when the top valve is open, they must be connected to a source to let propane out, i had the valve replaced with a new style valve and it seems to work,this tanks are suppouse to be 5 pound tanks but they bearly hold 1.2 pound and maybe not even that much, seems to be working now, another thing i dont like about the OGS system is that there is not way to test and see if your injecting propane but i do know that if i set the setpoint for the system at low boost it bogs the car bad which means it is working, i am up too 20psi so far bearly tickling the knock sensor gauge maybe 1 green light i guess thats good, this car is fast :).

wiked87gn said:
this new tanks are not suppouse to let any propane out unless you push inside the valve when the top valve is open, they must be connected to a source to let propane out, i had the valve replaced with a new style valve and it seems to work,this tanks are suppouse to be 5 pound tanks but they bearly hold 1.2 pound and maybe not even that much, seems to be working now, another thing i dont like about the OGS system is that there is not way to test and see if your injecting propane but i do know that if i set the setpoint for the system at low boost it bogs the car bad which means it is working, i am up too 20psi so far bearly tickling the knock sensor gauge maybe 1 green light i guess thats good, this car is fast :).
They are 5 pound tanks, not 5 gallon tanks. You are probably paying for propane by the gallon and not the pound. I know mine takes about 1 gallon and my BBQ tanks take 5 gallons and I am paying $1.29 per gallon (cheapest place in town, seen it for over $2/gal).

What pressure are you running and which jet? What duty cycle is it at? Do you hear it clicking when it is set to ~50% DC (if not, clip the green wire to the solenoid and ground it)????

i am running the 80+ jet set at 60% duty cycle and the propane coming on at 14 psi, pressure is set a little bit above the 5 on both gauges i dont know if that is correct, what green wire are you talking about where is it located? how do i test it if it's injecting propane?

wiked