Off the line issue.

buickgeoff

Recently at the GS Nationals I was drag racing my 1986 Buick GN. Sitting at the line the car would get about 1 to 2 lbs of boost at 1700 RPMs and no further. On take off the car would just roll off the line and about 30 feet off the line come alive. The car would run a 13.2- 13.5 at 105- 107 mph. The TPS is set at 494 WOT. TA-49 turbo, 42 LB injectors stock motor and stretch intercooler. I have a turbo tweak chip. The o2 readings were a little weird on a heated 4 wire o2 sensor going from 600s to 50s and 700s to 40s the whole way down the strip. To my knowledge stock BRF transmission and there are no numbers on the TQ converter that i have found.

Any Thoughts???

Recently at the GS Nationals I was drag racing my 1986 Buick GN. Sitting at the line the car would get about 1 to 2 lbs of boost at 1700 RPMs and no further. On take off the car would just roll off the line and about 30 feet off the line come alive. The car would run a 13.2- 13.5 at 105- 107 mph. The TPS is set at 494 WOT. TA-49 turbo, 42 LB injectors stock motor and stretch intercooler. I have a turbo tweak chip. The o2 readings were a little weird on a heated 4 wire o2 sensor going from 600s to 50s and 700s to 40s the whole way down the strip. To my knowledge stock BRF transmission and there are no numbers on the TQ converter that i have found.

Any Thoughts???
could be a few things. wrong converter could be a factory regal 1700 rpm converter. or an issue with the wastgate puck hanging open or siezed. did you just buy it and did this issue just come up? do you have stock downpipe? if so the puck could be to small if the ta49 is ported

I have a 3" terry Houston down pipe and I even put the new RJC boost controller on the car at the Strip. My dad bought the car for me when I was in Iraq with my own money about 3 years ago:biggrin:. Could this also cause the o2 readings?

like i said do you recall it doing it before you went to the strip. could be a converter issue. you have a good mph. is it on 93 octane only?

I believe the car did the same thing the year before at the nationals but it was before all the upgrades, so it wasn't to this degree. On the street the back tires will start spinning when the boost goes to 1 to 2 lbs with the s-10 brake upgrade. The car is also on 93 octane. Thanks for the help.

i would go over the car do a spring cleaning if that dont help i would verify stall speed