off-center/on-center

Crazyx4

I know the off-center pistons, intake,oiling are different. Can I use my crank-scat 3.625 in a on-center block?

Pistons and crank are the same but pistons are machined for a specific stroke and rod length. Rods are different as well as the intake.
AG.

I can use the crank and pistons. I will need a new set of K1 rods. I've seen on here that you can use the intake if it is machined.

What intake were you planning on running originally? On center to off center is .120" difference IIRC, and have heard of guys elongating ports and bolt holes to go from one to the other, but have never done it.

Shouldn't have any problems selling your off center rods for a set on centers. I know TA usually stocks Crower billet 6.3's for $1350.

I have a champion stock ported intake. The rods are K1 6.0 length .927 wrist pin.

is it a stock intake ported by champion? or a Champion intake? there's a difference. a stock intake will need to be cut and welded on. The aftermarket champion intakes are made specifically for on or off center use, but they have to be for the block configuration to work.

$750 for lower, upper, and fuel rails for the champion intake for on center blocks with production heads. Thats a hell of a deal! Sell your intake and go on center? There is a nice block for sale in the stage 2 section, or I have one for sale.

An unported stock intake can be used on an on center engine. There is enough material on the port exits to make match, and the holes need elongated.

I have 016 stage 2 off-center. the car has ran 9.74@136. I was having trouble with the car, it would launch- run about 60ft-fall on it's face once or twice and run hard the rest of the 1/4 mile. the engine started smoking so I took it apart. the #4 and #6 cyl. are cracked. took the engine to have it sleeved and found out that engine had six sleeves in it already. trying to see if I get a on-center block how much of my engine parts that I can use.

If you're going to go with an on center block......

You going to need different rods. I remember that you can machine off center rods to make on centers or vice versa.

Need an intake

Need different headers

Need to something with your front accessories. What are you using for the accessory drive?

I don't remember if you have to do something to the cam sensor or distributor if you using a timing cover.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The on-center block, the driver side cylinder bank is shifted forward .120. You are going need to make a spacer to space the crank pulley out and one for the water pump.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Headers are the same. You will need a spacer for the cam/dist gear and a spacer for the crank. TA sells the cam spacer for sure. Not sure about the crank one but it is easily made.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

If using a stock style front cover, you will need to verify your front cover sealing surface to the face of the block. I had to build up one portion of the cover on so it would seal.

You should be able to sell you rods pretty easily to get on center replacements. As a matter of fact all of your off center stuff should move quickly. It is a shame that it happened to the more desirable block from a selling point of view. You will be just as happy with the on center stuff and maybe now you can build the crap out of it for more power!!