Nuts for exhaust turbine studs

tminer

Not quite normal
I believe that these are kind of special. Does anyone have the GM part number or can I pick them up at Home Depot/Lowes/etc? Anything special about the studs themselves? Can you tell me the size?

Just to clarify, I am asking about the 3 nuts and 3 studs that connect the turbo to the header.

Thanks,
Tom

the diagram seems to say M8-1.25 but that doesn't sound right.

Maybe someone else knows for sure.

I couldn't make sense of the diagram and couldn't find the nuts on it.

At least I'll bring this to the top for the "night shift"!

Tom

I'll check when I get home. I have a turbo just laying on a shelf.

The threads appear to be M10-1.5. the nuts are metal lock nuts, the studs are 1.6 Inch long or 40mm

timely question! just bought a t63e and needs studs. also need one of the brass fittings(one that screws into the compressor housing. where do i get one of those?

The nuts are referred to as "torque prevailing". They are "squished", so that the threads are egg-shaped, and cause the nut to lock onto the stud, to prevent it from backing off, especially when it's heat cycled.

The oil feed line fitting to the top of the turbo is available from Motormite/Dorman/Help - maybe Brass-tite? I don't know the part number, but if you find a Motormite display (e.g. Pep Boys) you'll probably find it.

I bought a bunch of proper, new studs and nuts from John Craig for a nominal charge, and Harry once sent me out a free oil feed line fitting.

HTH...

:)

I am pretty sure that I replaced my brass fitting last time around with one from Ace Hardware. I think it's just a standard 90 degree, male/female. 1/8" npt I think. Or I may have gotten it at the brake line/fitting display in an auto parts store.

The studs and nuts are indeed M10x1.50, but I can't find them locally as yet. I found some studs that were close, but were like 25% on one end and 75% on the other. Still haven't seen a torque prevailing nut of any kind. The parts diagram does list an M10x1.5 torque prevailing nut, but no part number.

Thanks for the input.

Tom