Numbers on a stock GNX turbo?

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
I've found a GNX I'm considering buying but am not sure how to tell if the turbo on it is stock. What numbers or distinguishing features would tell me (after removing the turbo cover) if it is indeed a from-the-factory GNX turbo?

Many thanks.

there is a "particle trap" cast into the turbine housing.

Bob

As Bob mentioned the contamination trap on the exhaust housing is very unique to the GNX's. I would also suggest touching base with Doug on the registry. He will be able to provide you with more information.

Please see the attached pictures that shows the GNX turbo with the particle trap and the location of the identification plate...the numbers start out with 336Rxxx for the production GNX turbo. Note: the number plate shown in the picture shows location only.
GNX Turbo 008.jpg
GNX_NAmeplate1.JPG

Please see the attached pictures that shows the GNX turbo with the particle trap and the location of the identification plate...the numbers start out with 336Rxxx for the production GNX turbo. Note: the number plate shown in the picture shows location only.
View attachment 179199View attachment 179200
Thanks for the info on the GNX turbo. After all these years, I have finally verified that the turbo that was in the box in the trunk when I bought the car, is actually for the GNX. WOW, a NOS GNX turbo. Wonder what something like that would sell for? Thanks again, Dave.