NPB today

ttypewhite

The weather was perfect, the track was hooking well. I have not had the best success hooking this car since I have changed my combo. So today I was pleasantly surprised for the amount of boost I was running. I still have much work to do on my sixty foot (1.46 on this pass) to get it back to where it was before (1.3's) but I see areas and things I can do to improve it. Only had a chance to take one pass before my header gasket blew out so I packed it up and called it a day.

Getting better Mike. What are you currently using for a rear tire? I know your motor is a beast but I'm looking at different rear set ups that work to accommodate big brakes.

Lookin good Mike! What were the injector duty cycle?

BTW.....the comment at the end of the video was funny:)

Getting better Mike. What are you currently using for a rear tire? I know your motor is a beast but I'm looking at different rear set ups that work to accommodate big brakes.

I am running a MT 28x10.5" stiff wall slick

Lookin good Mike! What were the injector duty cycle?

BTW.....the comment at the end of the video was funny:)

Lol, the comment was to a guy that put it on the bumper for the very first time. I thought the car was going to flip over. He was definitely shooken up. My injector duty cycle was 66%.

Looked like a hellava ride!! Nice!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Felt like one too....... I don't think the 10psi tire pressure was the right choice. Gonna try 12 psi next time out and hopefully I won't have to fight the wheel as much. Once I get it leaving hard and going straight, I will crank up the boost.

Very nice, if the a/f was any richer you would of eliminated most of the mosquito s at the track....lean that thing out a bit, should go faster! Good numbers for low boost...congrats

Hey mike , your white t is one of my favorite cars on the board 8's are in your future . great build n good luck with it beautiful setup.

Damn that thing seems to roll out hard mid track with a 30mph back half and it looks real rich. You say its on low boost,what is low boost ?(if you dont mind me asking)
Very impressive!

Thanks guys. The tune is very conservative. I know that sounds like a cliche but I'm not a racer, just a weekend wanna be, so I leave it rich (10.5 a/f) and the timing low (20degrees). Average boost on that pass was 26psi and hit 27psi in top gear. It's more important to me to keep it alive then keep it on the edge and risk hurting it.