Now your Talkin, Dodge

50 extra HP for a TT Hellcat over the normal S/C Hellcat and the extra cost, no thank you. Maybe Dodge should look into AWD? The Tesla beat the Hellcat from 0-60mph and in the 1/4 mile. I love the resurgence of the HP wars though.

50 extra HP for a TT Hellcat over the normal S/C Hellcat and the extra cost, no thank you. Maybe Dodge should look into AWD? The Tesla beat the Hellcat from 0-60mph and in the 1/4 mile. I love the resurgence of the HP wars though.

Tesla beats everything from 0-60, the huge instant torque from the electic motor is no joke,they are crazy quick off the line.

It's all just speculation right now on hp #'s anyway but the LIGHTER WEIGHT along with the extra power,
is what is interesting,and a twin turbo setup would ALSO be making a bunch of ((( Extra Torque ))) over the present supercharged version,just what's needed to move such a big heavy barge like the challenger.
Not to mention that the twin turbo setup ,if it ever happened could be turned up for some really big power.
Just changing the chassis to a lighter one is a BIG step in the right direction.
A whole new model ( CUDA ) would also be a very cool addition to the line up if they do it right.
And the availability of a Hellcat Convertible anything ,Challenger or Cuda would be incredible.
Can't wait to see what happens with this next version,Dodge has to be sick of always being bashed as being such a big heavy tank and not being able to handle with the camaro and mustang and always coming in 3rd place in the trio.
They could still keep the charger for those that want a bigger roomy 4 door with performance ,AND have a reasonably sized 2 door coupe ,a 4300+ lb coupe is just ridiculous.
And now that the Viper is history this should help give Dodge a much appreciated performance boost.

Last edited:
A big heavy tank with sheetmetal as soft as a beer can. I had a Challenger and it drove really nice, the V6 got excellent mileage and was reasonably peppy. Good looking design too for a pony car. But you could lean on the roof and dent it, not kidding.

Just so I am not misunderstood I would park a Hellcat in my driveway any day (a car person can never have too many horses), I would need two though so I could tub one for traction so I can make it to the closest gas station. I am not a fan of SC's or TT set ups for two simple facts...expense and equal hp can be achieved with a single turbo.

The Charger is only offered in automatic yet the Challenger has a 6-speed option, where is the logic in that?