novice tuning help

NorEaster

I have been tuning my car from a 3 rd gear 45 mph roll. Boost is set using a mbc to 16 psi and if I see any kr, it is always less than 1 deg with O2 at around 770 to 790.

If I get onto it from a dead stop I get a touch of knock at the 1/2 shift but now I am seeing lean knock around 65 mph of 4.5 deg with O2 of 770 ish.

The obvious answer is alky but I have reached my $1000 annual budget already. Is there any thing I can do other than turn down boost to get rid of it?

add some wot fuel sounds exactly like what i was having i added 10.2 % drop my knock ratio to .5 at wide open with tires spinning i broth it up to 11.9 % gonna go test it again today its all about fine tunning unless you having something like pre turbo exhaust leak. whats your fuel pressur set a

blackdeathtrap said:
add some wot fuel sounds exactly like what i was having i added 10.2 % drop my knock ratio to .5 at wide open with tires spinning i broth it up to 11.9 % gonna go test it again today its all about fine tunning unless you having something like pre turbo exhaust leak. whats your fuel pressur set a

Fp is 43 line off. I think my wot adjustment is already 142 blm.

id try adding fuel in small increments until knock gos away the fact that your o2 mil is 770 is a bit on the low side for full boost you wanna be aiming for a 820 to 850 at wide open which i just an aprox sieng you dont have wide band

blackdeathtrap said:
id try adding fuel in small increments until knock gos away the fact that your o2 mil is 770 is a bit on the low side for full boost you wanna be aiming for a 820 to 850 at wide open which i just an aprox sieng you dont have wide band

Will do. I am running out of room for fuel adjustments ....is that odd for a stock turbo street chip? I do have a billet intake bell with a ported matched compressor housing.

your only adding 10.9 at blm 142 you still got another 10 percent you can add add a bit of fuel pressur as well so have enaugh fuel

I have been tuning my car from a 3 rd gear 45 mph roll. Boost is set using a mbc to 16 psi and if I see any kr, it is always less than 1 deg with O2 at around 770 to 790.

If I get onto it from a dead stop I get a touch of knock at the 1/2 shift but now I am seeing lean knock around 65 mph of 4.5 deg with O2 of 770 ish.

The obvious answer is alky but I have reached my $1000 annual budget already. Is there any thing I can do other than turn down boost to get rid of it?

Your rolling in 3rd gear at 45mph and then going WOT?
My car will downshift to 2nd everytime in that scenario. To me it sounds like your seeing knock around the 2/3 shift(around 60-65mph) which means you have to determine if its real or false knock.

turb0buick57 said:
Your rolling in 3rd gear at 45mph and then going WOT?
My car will downshift to 2nd everytime in that scenario. To me it sounds like your seeing knock around the 2/3 shift(around 60-65mph) which means you have to determine if its real or false knock.

I bumped my blm lock to 16% I think and took it for a spin. 3rd gear pull without any knock with a O2 of 808.

Launched from a dig and watched the scanmaster and got 4.5 degs of kr right at the 2/3 shift (O2 was 770 so going to add a few more %). Is there any way to get rid of that knock or do I just have a car with 130k on it?

Thank you guys for the help.

Are you just using a scanmaster, or do you have a powerlogger or some other device your logging to?
its been suggested in other threads that instead of keep upping the fuel, add some octane/race gas to the tank. If the knock goes away its real, if it stays its probably false. If false you will have to see what is loose or banging around causing the nock on the shift

turb0buick57 said:
Are you just using a scanmaster, or do you have a powerlogger or some other device your logging to?
its been suggested in other threads that instead of keep upping the fuel, add some octane/race gas to the tank. If the knock goes away its real, if it stays its probably false. If false you will have to see what is loose or banging around causing the nock on the shift

Using a scanmaster. It does seem to happen right at the 2/3 shift.

X2 me personally I would drain as much fuel from the tank that you can and throw in some 100 oct. unleaded fuel or race fuel then make a WOT run to seen if knock is real. I am also a novice tuner, I always throw in some 100 oct. fuel when I do any sort of tuning, it's just extra insurance if I make a mistake. A lot easier than doing head gaskets.