Not your average 85 t-type

madhat said:
My complaint is with the exhaust coming out the back!
Its not the way I would have done it, but atleast you are keeping it from the grave. :)

About the convertable thing...I've seen one before - be glad you have a hot air so that you don't twist the frame that first time you launch! (well, the tiny tires w/ no traction will help save the frame too :p)
the exhaust has been redone.coming out the sides under the doors.but now im going to run it with a open 3" downpipe if i decide to keep the turbo motor.as for the frame twisting,its not a problem the frame is completely wrapped in 1/4 and 3/16th front :biggrin:

thanks guys,this shows how much respect you people have for each other,i posted my car in other forums and i got flamed :cool:

The best way to get flamed is do the 20" & + wheels, they let wires slide. :confused: Nice work, I have alot of respect for a do it yourselfer who can do it as well as you did!
Nice job!

Looks good! I think it's a bad as$ car! I get tired of seeing TR's with Convo Pros or ProStars! Nice too see something different.

Hey japSW20, I have been following this build since you posted it on the Layitlow forums. I had completely forgotten about it. Well done.

i forgot about this forum :biggrin: car is nearing completion, just need some final touches on it
PICT0008-2.jpg

ugi.jpg

PICT0011-1.jpg

I like it. Surprised theres not more regal converts out there. Did you do any thing to strengthen up the frame?
Was there any corrosion in the top from the astroroof? just curious.

I like it. Surprised theres not more regal converts out there. Did you do any thing to strengthen up the frame?
Was there any corrosion in the top from the astroroof? just curious.
yea frame was boxed from front to back in 1/4" steel. front a-arm ears were cut off and made out of 1/2", cross member wrapped, droped lower trailering arms and custom uppers dropped to the frame, front a-arms were completely wraped (upers extended 2.5" and lowers were pocketed to fit more spring

the roof was perfect except for the side drip rails, there was nasty holes there

PICT0003-2.jpg

MVC-033F.jpg

MVC-036S-2.jpg

yea frame was boxed from front to back in 1/4" steel. front a-arm ears were cut off and made out of 1/2", cross member wrapped, droped lower trailering arms and custom uppers dropped to the frame, front a-arms were completely wraped (upers extended 2.5" and lowers were pocketed to fit more spring

the roof was perfect except for the side drip rails, there was nasty holes there

PICT0003-2.jpg

MVC-033F.jpg

MVC-036S-2.jpg

Looks like its going to be a hopping car! Please tell us your not going to make this poor car Jump up and down on Hydrolics!
Other than that it looks nice!

Did you use the ol hockey puck trick for body bushings on this project? I like the 2 toned black/red!!! What about chrome on the underside? Looking good.

so i got bored of the whole lowrider thing and put the car back to stock, now that its stock and runing it is for sale $6,000 in miami for more info

(305)4678978 ROnny

japsw20

PICT0012-1.jpg

PICT0009-3.jpg

Its not my style, but you put alot of work into it. With a dent like that most people would trash the car. I dont have a problem with donks or lowriders as long as they save the car from a crusher.