Not sure what path to take...

Getsidewayz04

I wanna start pushin the power envelope a little further with my GN but im not sure exactly what road to go. My mods are in my sig so im looking at prolly upgrading the injectors, Chip, Ls1 Maf and translator, RJC power plate, and i am seriously thinking about alky injection. What I am confused about is which products to get. As far as injectors go ive taken the impression that i should just go 60# and be done with it. But if I want to use the alky injection system do i really need to go that big on injectors? Then i thought about what translator to get. At first i was just planning on having the car tuned on a dyno, Theres a very good shop that specializes in turbo cars close to me. But ive been reading about how many people are using the new MAF T pros and loving them. How good are these for tuning if you are not using a w/b 02?? i would get one but i just put the new DP on and really dont feel like taking it off to weld a bung on it. Also how easy are they to use?

Im not sure what i want with the car in terms of tuning, dyno tune?? MAF T pro and good chip?? what have people had the most sucess with?? sorry for all the questions im still learning! Thanks alot.

Nick

I dont see what turbo you have in your sig.

Personally, i would get some injectors that would support the turbo if you deside to run racegas instead of meth/alky on a street chip. 60#ers?

Keep the car as simple as possible if you want to make it go fastest as possible.

Everytime i run out to the track and see guys with mismatched combos, 1000's of dollars thrown at their buick, and running 13s makes me want to slap em.

First off, if you make 500HP its worthless if you cant get it to hook.
So start with a small combo and go with it.
If you buy a larger turbo, say a gt6155, then your going to need injectors and a convertor to make it work right, then ontop of that, meth kit.

But if you had a ta49, kept the upgraded injectors you have now, you could use the stock convertor and the ta49 is good for mid 11s

Use the spare money to box the stock upper and lower control arms, ATR style rear sway bar, and some MT 275/50/15s, and a meth kit.

You tell us where your goals are et and MPH wise, then ill let you know what parts you need.

Personally, id just get the translator and a LS1 maf with the cold air kit, meth kit, TT chip and some tires..
Thats gonna make about 90 more horses over 15psi of what your running right now on 91 octane.
BW

I am still using the stock turbo and dont plan to upgrade it just yet. I want my car to be in the upper/mid elevens. as fas translators go which one do you recomend?? the older style maf t or the T plus?? im thinking the plus seeing as how its only like 70 more bucks. Then I want the 60# injectors, TT alky chip, alky kit, MT DR's. sounds like a not too shabby x-mas list lol.

The stock turbo is good for low 12s with the right chip, your best bet would be to upgrade to either the ta49 or that new GT3155? OR is it GT3255 if you want to get into the high to mid 11s consistantly and not basing your time off a 1.6x 60'

Since you already have a good downpipe, have you upgraded your intercooler, radiator, and installed a trans cooler?
B&M stack plate design trans cooler
F-body aluminum radiator modine # 951
and a better than stock intercooler would be great. = ebay:eek:

I would just get the trans, not the plus, you can adjust your fueling and timing with erics chip.
Id get the methkit, injectors,and chip asap.. that way you have time to tune them in before snow falls.
Keep the stock turbo on there till your running low 12s, then upgrade it asap, bingo mid 11s.
BW

Listen to Quick- N- KC. keep it simple. Not much is needed to get low 12s-high 11s. My TTA went 12.19@114 with fuel pump, GT3255, 50lb inj, and open dump. I put in a 10" converter and went 11.83 on drag radials so far. Still has another tenth or two in it for sure. I would just get a chip from TurboTweak for now. Keep it simple. Those translators are nice. But if you are new to them, it could take a while to learn it. With Eric's chip all you will have to do is adjust the fuel pressure for the boost you are running and go.

You should be able to get at least a 12.50 out of all the stock stuff. That is being conservative. For a mid 11 car, I would go with a 44/49/GT3255 or GT6131and a 2800-3000 converter. Car will spool instantly and be a blast to drive on the street. There are a lot of different ways to do it, but it is pretty easy to do.

Which shop are u talking about?

As u can see Im Chicago, and I was wondering where u plan on getting the work done. The best thing about the Buick community is that we look out for each other and prevent members from getting raped on things they need. Chances are the things u need just came off someones car who is upgrading or somebody has a place to get things done. For example I found a muffler shop that can weld the bung they supply for a wideband O2 sensor for 30 bucks and Im sure it wont need to come off the car. I also get Siemens 55# injectors new for $230.00. U can find them used for somewhere around 175-200 range. Most importantly upgrade the fuel system. Get a good pump before u do anything else.

well i see what you guys are saying by keep it simple, but dont you think it would make more sense to just get the T Plus instead of the older style maf t?? the price is only 70 bucks more for al the added features. but i dunno maybe i should just keep it simple as i have never used one before. But i have a snap on scanner i use alot and it cant be too much different form that right?? lemme know what you think. but as far as other mods, i def am ordering a tranny cooler, i want my tranny to last as long as possible. I really was not planning on upgrading the turbo/intercooler quite yet. I was plannin on building up everything else then turbo and intercooler to top it alll off. Plus my funds wont allow me to purchase all of this at once lol.

Brer Rabbit, I actually prefer to do all the work on my car, i like knowing that i did it right myself, plus i cant justify paying for something id rather do on my own time. But as far as tuning goes, i was referring to Sound Performance in Bloomingdale, IL. They mostly work on supras but i know one of the owners and they can get any part for the GN's and have a guy that comes and tunes the Turbo regals, GN's etc when you make a dyno date. They are extremely good with any turbo car though and are very reputable as far as the turbo community goes. Plus they are reasonable with prices. one dyno run is only 80 bucks, no tuning of course but i wanna see what my car puts down so im gonna have them dyno it once or tiwce next spring after all the mods and everything is dialed in correctly. they have an awesome shop and guys that really know what their doing.

ok so heres my list so far tell me what you think:

-intake kit with LS1 MAF and Translator
-60# injectors
-RJC power Plate
-Razors alky kit
-TT alky chip
-MT DR's
thats all for now!

ok so heres my list so far tell me what you think:

-intake kit with LS1 MAF and Translator
-60# injectors
-RJC power Plate
-Razors alky kit
-TT alky chip
-MT DR's
thats all for now!
Today 08:18 PM

Well if your tight on cash...

Unless your mafs bad I woundn't waste the cash on a translator now. Guys have gone 10's with the stocker. Just my opinion. If your doing the alky kit you can probably wait on the injectors too. You said slightly bigger injectors so I'm guessing 36lbrs. Everything else on the list looks good. Erics chips are adjustable and allow for quite a bit of tuning.

Does the car have an airbag in the right rear(pass side). That will help it hook a little and is cheap.

Direct Scan makes things alot easier if you can swing it and have a laptop. Fullthrottle also has a powerlogger program coming out that sounds good too. I'm not familiar with the snap on scanner so it might be ok. Something that will log at a good frame rate so you can look back and see what you need to adjust.

Port the intercooler neck and with a little luck and alot of tuning you should be able to get that low twelve, high eleven. You'll have to launch her hard...

Good Luck

Do you have another set of wheels to put your DR's on? If not, and you're car is a DD, i'd get another set of wheels instead of the MAF and Trans. If your car is only a weekend/race car then alright. If you don't well you'll be replacing your tires quick.

But really, right now, i wouldnt go with the MAF and Trans, find another place to spend money on.

I see a scantool, but what scantool? You have a boost gauge (not stock) right?

-Adam

Yeah I agree with the other guys. I would put the money somewhere else instead of the translator. I am not an expert on them but I am going very consistent 10.80s on DRs with the stock MAF and a Turbotweak chip.

Good luck with you car!

Bob