Not much going on in Vegas

granatl

TRCM Author
I'd sure like to know the website that advertises that I'm going to be driving my GTP instead of my GN; the street idiots only come crawling out of the woodwork for the white car, not the black one.
For weeks now, I've been driving the GN for about 1-2 hours around dusk, and I can't get ANYTHING. However, I got a couple of nibbles.
(1) I see this guy on a motorcycle (non crotch rocket) bobbing and weaving through traffic. I end up beside him at the light. He looks over and his eyes are about the size of my tires. The light hits green and he nails it, standing up the bike. By then time he's under control, I must've already had 4 lengths on him. So he finally catchs up as we're both getting on the highway on ramp (2 lane). I lay into it again and he becomes a speck in my mirror.
(2) The other day, I'm on my way home and end up against a newer Mustang. I can't see the driver because his girlfriend/wife is so large, I'm starting to think he'd gain like 4/10ths in the 1/4 if he'd push her out the door. Light turns green and we both chirp a little. By the time I got to 10 psi, he knew he'd lost and just gave up.

On the other hand, I was out with the GTP the other day next to a Dodge Magnum on a test drive with a woman driver. We both got a good jump at the light, but then she turned; talk about no fun.

hey JACK, you know its a lil too hot out here now for some real competiton, nobody will race now but the ricers, save the GN for the fall when the temperature drops. :)

I know how you feel. The days I drive my GN, I don't see anything else exciting on the road. Every other day when I'm in my Ford Contour beater, ricers are revvin their fart pipes, Mustangs and Camaros everywhere....

gotta love the gtp. I have the same problem. The gtp is best for short distance racing from light to light. I made some kid look like an arse with his hot girlfriend in what I think was a Jetta. Nobody suspects a four door Pontiac will leave them in the dust. Just imagine how much fun it would be with a few bolt on's.

Thats funny, its just the opposite for me.

Turbo6Chicago said:
I know how you feel. The days I drive my GN, I don't see anything else exciting on the road. Every other day when I'm in my Ford Contour beater, ricers are revvin their fart pipes, Mustangs and Camaros everywhere....
Alot of times I just want to cruise and get home safe with no Drama,But will give it when they ask for it :D It seems like people have an eye or a magnet for this car, they come out from nowhere and want to try and test the Black Brick, and I will see all kinds of race cars and fast cars on these days. When I am in My wifes car ( A Ford Contour also) none of this happens. I do not see alot of raced out cars also when I am driving my EL Camino and it sounds like it has a 454 in it, really healthy sounding. I really have to hold my breath when taking out the GN, knowing guys are going to come out of the woodwork and try and run up on me. I always have my eye in the rearview, knowing this. It could be just where we live that is different. I dont know or maybe just me being paranoid :eek: