NOS Anybody still using?

I run the nx wet setup,you jet based on power you want to make,the jetting for the motors is in the back of the directions.i spray from start to finish and have dropped 4 tenths with a 35 shot,if your pump is good afr should be steady all the way.you should have a fuel pressure gauge and wideband that you can watch.
are you using a jet # 31 for N2O and jet # 21 for fuel ?
i think i'll also start with a 35 shot.
How much timing do you have with the N2O?

Last edited:
I ran the old NOS GN up pipe system I modded for Hot Air. I put the nozzle in the back of the intake. The second Hot AIR I did, I use a a ZEX system that use TPS trigger and no solonoids. I really liked this system because it read TPS and metered bottle accordingly. If either were not right, it would not fire NOS. It fired on TPS or WOT. I also did a NX Proton system on a 86 GN. Same system, runs off TPS. Easy to launch off 0 boost.

Dave I run 31/18 n/f for a 35 shot.you should drop timing down initially.
NX's chart calls for 31/22 N/F for 35 HP shot at 40 psi fuel pressure and 31/19 N/F at 60 psi.
Are you adding the extra fuel through the injectors at the lower fuel pressure levels?

My setup is for wot and goes off the throttle once armed,I use a tt chip and stock ECM,nothing fancy.

I like the ZEX and NX EFI setup. It has a Nitrous Management unit that reads the TPS and Bottle Pressure. It determines the the flow of the NOS. Not enough pressure, it doesn't fire. TPS angle not right, it does fire. This would be the only NOS I would currently consider. This is a great system...

Attachments

• ZEX.jpg
    ZEX.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ZEX140.pdf
    788.7 KB · Views: 50
I like the ZEX and NX EFI setup. It has a Nitrous Management unit that reads the TPS and Bottle Pressure. It determines the the flow of the NOS. Not enough pressure, it doesn't fire. TPS angle not right, it does fire. This would be the only NOS I would currently consider. This is a great system...
Thats a nice set up. I bet its big $$$$
I like the paper work, lots of info.
Thanks

Last edited:
Are any of you guys using a purge set up?
How did you plum it and how do you work it?
If no, Why not?
Sorry for all of the rookie questions
Thanks for all your help
David

I have used both kits successful on Hot Airs. 50hp was worth 90hp on a Hot Air. 75hp was worth almost 120hp. I plan to use with E85. With a few bolt ons I took a 14 sec Hot Air into the 12's. Would have went into the 11's but tranny started slipping. Had a Kennebell 85 NOS chip, not really sure it helped, but it did take speed limit up to 160 mph.