Norwalk Track Rental Invitation

WOT4ME

The Michigan Buick Turbo Club extends an invitation to anyone with a TR (or TR powered car) interested in joining us at our track rental for T & T at Norwalk on Friday, June 11 from 11:00 a.m. 'til 4:00 p.m. You need not be an MBTC member to attend, but are welcome to join if you like.
Gates open at 9:00, T & T starts at 11. We've invited a few N/A guests of club members to whip on (heheheh...), and will have a TR's vs. The Tourists bracket race for grins and VERY small : )payouts about 3:00.
Cost is $40 for MBTC members, $50 for non-members (spectators free) for 5 hours of absolute mayhem at a world class facility. I only ask that you let me know if you plan to attend no later than this Friday, June 4 as the track needs a car count.
I'm posting this in the Michigan/Great Lakes forum, too- ditch work and c'mon down!
Patty
WOT4ME@wowway.com

Ill let you know if my car will be done by then ( I highly doubt it) but none the less I will be there spectating the mayhem

Most excellent, Tony. If your car can't make it and you're interested, we always need someone to run the tree (which I always have a blast doin'). Hope you can be there, one way or another.
Patty

I am going to try and make it. (Wife is pregnant and currently on bedrest until??) So, I will just have to be a maybe.
I would like to meet a few other Turbo Buick people from Michigan.
Thanks for the invite.:D

Steve-
Try to do your best to make it down- most of us aren't too dangerous (and for a small fee I'll point out the ones that are!:D
Tony-
Many thanks for volunteering to run the tree (don't feel as if you're stuck there all day... we can drag others in whenever). Yup, all it takes is pressing a few buttons and a big grin- what's not to like?!
Patty

Nowalk Track Rental Invitation

We can still accomodate a few more cars if you're able to drop in- the weather forecast is mid-70's and NO rain (for a change). Let me know if you're interested, or drop me a note at WOT4ME@wowway.com .
Patty

Re: Nowalk Track Rental Invitation

Originally posted by WOT4ME
We can still accomodate a few more cars if you're able to drop in- the weather forecast is mid-70's and NO rain (for a change). Let me know if you're interested, or drop me a note at WOT4ME@wowway.com .
Patty

I am planning on going. Dave Bamford may too.

Great to hear, Ted! Haven't seen Dave & Mike in a bit, hope all of you can make it. Feel free to drag along a few N/A friends who may be in need of an education. :eek: See you on Friday!
Patty

I'm chasing a oil burning problem... but I'm pretty sure it's just the turbo...

May be in... need to check a few more things before hand.

How many spots are left? Too late to get in?

Not too late, Kenny, we have 25 or so registered and can take up to 30 (we can actually have more, they'll just charge a higher rate). Throw a jug of Mobil 1 in the trunk and c'mon by!
Patty
"If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough."

Originally posted by WOT4ME
Throw a jug of Mobil 1 in the trunk and c'mon by!
Patty
"If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough."

At this point, that is exactly what I'm thinking. :D

Seems to be just the turbo leaking, so it should be alright - I just want to do a compression test to be 100% sure I won't hurt anything.

NORWALK TRACK RENTAL

Morning Patty,
I plan on coming on Friday & bringing at least 1 car maybe 2.
See you there!
Bruce Alred

Good deal, Bruce. Bring a spare axle or stay off the E-brake, heheheh... See you there!

Patty

I'm going to skip this one. Don't feel like calling off work with a car that isn't 100%.

My luck I'd get up there and waste a day.

Enjoy the track, which I could join you guys. :cool:

Patty,
I will not be able to attend.:mad:
My Wife is still on "bedrest".
I really want to go to run my car too!
Bruce at Aggressive Performance just "dialed" it in and refined my receipe for me. Runs awesome now. I have seen your car in his shop before. Very nice!!!
Have a great day out there, thanks again for the invite.
Please post when there are any Turbo Buick get togethers in Michigan.

Originally posted by Steve Petro
Patty,
I will not be able to attend.:mad:
My Wife is still on "bedrest".
I really want to go to run my car too!
Bruce at Aggressive Performance just "dialed" it in and refined my receipe for me. Runs awesome now. I have seen your car in his shop before. Very nice!!!
Have a great day out there, thanks again for the invite.
Please post when there are any Turbo Buick get togethers in Michigan.

What's wrong Steve, scared? Remember we have a date at the tree??:D

Sadly, the date at the tree will have to wait a bit for all of us (and I ain't smart enough to be skeered of anybody!)- after speaking with the staff at Norwalk late this afternoon, they relayed that they had to cancel today's track rental right out of the gate due to rain, that it's been raining all day and that tomorrow doesn't look any better, so we've had to cancel. :mad: Bill Bader is calling me tomorrow to try to set up a rain date in the next two weeks or so- I'll repost as soon as I know something.
Thanks for the compliment, Steve! Guess it doesn't look too bad for 50,000 miles done in quarter mile increments, heheh... Bill Moller is doing a summer get together in Chelsea July 24 which he always posts in the Great Lakes section, and we'll be stalking Woodward Wednesday night before the Dream Cruise (Bloomfield Hills PD, pay no attention to the 100 mph fly-by on slicks!)- will post that (and this note) in the Great Lakes section, too.
Patty
You're only young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely. MUAHAHAHAHAHA :D