North Alabama Turbo Buicks

Well, all I could do is watch anyway at this point. Basically that's all I have been doing for a year and a half now.:mad:

It was a beautiful day for test & tune! I made promises to my kid that means I wasn't able to go however :( If it's not mother nature it's something else haha.

Oh well my new rims are here, and I somehow managed to get 6 matching rims so I will be able to get some slicks for the track, and I'm still chasing down a knock retard problem.

In normal driving, and I mean boringly normal, when I take off I often see some KR on the scanmaster, maybe as much as 3 or 4 degrees, it just jumps up, jumps back down, as I'm accelerating very easily. It's mostly at take off, with it being far less at faster speeds, and it's around 2000-2500 rpm and literally no boost (I mean taking off just easy like you would stuck in traffic or if your granny was driving you to church).

If I get into it, I see no more KR (than 3 or 4 degress) and often, none at all, and that's why I say "phantom" KR you'd think busting into a 14 PSI take off or passing someone at 50 with the boost pegged would ALSO cause KR but I see little or none when I do that.

I'll powerlogger an easy granny run around the neighborhood this week sometime to show what I'm talking about. I'll also get a fuel pressure tester and see how my fuel pressure looks maybe it's just fuel pressure or a clogged fuel filter that won't flow till you get more demand on it or something.

It was a beautiful day for test & tune! I made promises to my kid that means I wasn't able to go however :( If it's not mother nature it's something else haha.

Oh well my new rims are here, and I somehow managed to get 6 matching rims so I will be able to get some slicks for the track, and I'm still chasing down a knock retard problem.

In normal driving, and I mean boringly normal, when I take off I often see some KR on the scanmaster, maybe as much as 3 or 4 degrees, it just jumps up, jumps back down, as I'm accelerating very easily. It's mostly at take off, with it being far less at faster speeds, and it's around 2000-2500 rpm and literally no boost (I mean taking off just easy like you would stuck in traffic or if your granny was driving you to church).

If I get into it, I see no more KR (than 3 or 4 degress) and often, none at all, and that's why I say "phantom" KR you'd think busting into a 14 PSI take off or passing someone at 50 with the boost pegged would ALSO cause KR but I see little or none when I do that.

I'll powerlogger an easy granny run around the neighborhood this week sometime to show what I'm talking about. I'll also get a fuel pressure tester and see how my fuel pressure looks maybe it's just fuel pressure or a clogged fuel filter that won't flow till you get more demand on it or something.

Well we finally got to the track and there were a lot of Regals out there. We made our maiden run with the GN. It ran a 6:90 at 107mph with a very soft leave and about 18PSI. We have some traction issues that should be resolved with driver technique and maybe some air pressure adjustments.

Car leaves straight and handles good. We had an issue with the electric water pump and had to call it quits but we'll be back on Friday night. I hope to see some 6:50's or better next time. I believe we can get this car in the 5's once we learn what it wants. We're being very conservative on the tune and boost until we get the bugs worked out.

I think 6:90 was great for a collection of parts that we scraped together over the winter. I also like 107mph on 18 lbs of boost.

track

Are they running on friday night yet. I would like to bring the gn over some this year. Give me a yell when the next meeting is on. thanks

Are they running on friday night yet. I would like to bring the gn over some this year. Give me a yell when the next meeting is on. thanks

Friday nite Test-n-tune starts on 7 March. Test-n-Tune is on Friday night and Sunday with racing on Saturday. I'm planning on being there on Friday nite. I don't know about Sunday. I don't expect to be ready to race this Saturday.

friday night

I'll try and come friday night. what the time frame on the test and tune? Sunday i'll go to sandmountain dragway, come on up.

t&tune

sandmountain dragway is open today, 12:00 till 5:00 only 10.00 bucks to get in and race. think women is 1/2 price. come on down.

Schedule

23 Sunday CLOSED - Easter

No T&T today, I was just sitting here actually thinking about going finally too haha. Oh well might take the kid to see Horton Hears a Who at Monaco on Bridge Street instead :)

Auto Mechanic Huntsville AL Area

I'm looking for a good mechanic who wants to do some work on the side. I need to do some work on both GN's but my back won't let me work in the engine compartment for more than a couple of minutes. If anyone knows someone who wants to make some extra money please put him in contact with me. (256-759-2701).....Thanks

Frank

I heard you were up at T&T last Friday and weren't getting a good spool up :( Fella who works at Publix was up there drooling on your car was telling me about it.

If the weather holds out I just might make it up there tonight, got the wife a new toy/DD and about have her talked into trying it out on the drag strip :)

I heard you were up at T&T last Friday and weren't getting a good spool up :( Fella who works at Publix was up there drooling on your car was telling me about it.

If the weather holds out I just might make it up there tonight, got the wife a new toy/DD and about have her talked into trying it out on the drag strip :)

I couldn't make it last night, had a company function. The converter is too tight so we're going to something in the 5k stall range. I had put a different tune on the car and everyone thought the tuneup was the problem but the data was saying that we were going in the right direction. Turns out that the big problem was that the shifter wasn't adjusted properly and it let the car go from 1st to 3rd under hard shifting.

Hope we can get a converter and be back there by mid-June. Next weekend is out and then I'm on vacation until June 9th.

Frank

I made it up there last night, paid my fee to get in, pulled in and parked, leaned back to put my wallet back in my back pocket and SNAP my front left seat bracked lets go and I find myself leaning WAY back.

Took a quick look and looks like someone replaced the seats probably when they put carpet down or something and didn't put the bracket back down right, the bolt and washer were just barely catching the edge of the bracket rather than going through it.

Guess the big man was looking out for me, had that happened when I launched I'd likely have flung backward, like I did sitting there still, and possibly would have lost my grip on the wheel, causing all sorts of interesting, and expensive and likely painful things to occur.