Non turbo 3.8 to turbo 3.8 swap

Thatoldsguy

I got a 86 cutlass with the factory 3.8. I have a connect with a 85 turbo 3.8 hot air engine with everything(engine, turbo, exhaust piping, and ecu/harness). Anyone done a swap like this? I have a 9sec olds cutlass with a olds 350 nitrous engine and I want this car to be my street car. Anything I should be aware of? Engine runs. Anything else need changed? I got a BOP th350 already sitting in the garage that I can use. Seems straight forward but I just never know.

I know this may sounds a little negative but an 86/87 intercooled swap would be a better move in my opinion.

Yea I know the 86-87 would be better with the intercooler. I just don't see them coming up for sale around me. Been looking for awhile. My plan was to slap it in for the summer then do some upgrades like intake and intercooler later. If I get a intake with a front mounted throttle body like the 86-87 won't I be able to add a intercooler then? Or would I need even more sensors. I'm getting the whole set up for under $500 so I couldn't resist grabbing it. I seen the 86-87 harness alone go for $450 on eBay. I'm a V8 guy with no turbo knowledge and very little 3.8 knowledge

When you're ready I have a stock ic with the left and right support brackets, up pipe, and ic fan (the one that goes on the crank)

Couple guys in my area are achieving pretty impressive numbers with a hot air engine on E85.
Ive been told that there will be a thread this summer of running E85 without and/or needing an intercooler. Makes you wonder if there will be a resurgence of these hot air motors or at least a slowing down of guys feeling like they have to go to the 86/87 power plant.