Non BRF 200 in a T-type questions??

jamnut

I've got a KCF trans that I'm putting in my T-type, and have a couple of questions.

1. The tranny I'm putting in has a white plug with 3 connectors as opposed to the black plug on my BRF tranny with 4 connectors in it? Can anyone tell me what the missing connector is for on the KCF tranny? Is my new trans not going to have some function I need like Lockup or something like that?

2. My BRF tranny had a Billet servo that I pulled off to put in the KCF tranny. I noticed that the KCF's servo had a big coil spring in it, but the BRF's billet servo didn't have the big coil spring in it. When I put the billet servo in the new trans I used the big coil spring. The KCF did come with a shift kit in it & I'm wondering if the coil spring might have been a part of the shift kit to make the smaller non billet servo work better? I'm trying to figure out if I messed up by putting the coil spring in the billet servo?

Use the spring in the billet servo. The spring is from the stock setup. The manufacturer of the billet servo tells you to take the spring out but if you do your 3-2 downshift will be a little abusive so leave it in. The missing connector on the KCF trans is for the 3rd gear switch. Just pull the wiring harness and switch out of your BRF trans and put it in your KCF. Another thing, a KCF is out of a Cadillac and the shift calibration is going to be way off for a turbo car. Just so you know.

The harness in my BRF doesn't exist. Whoever built the tranny must have done it as a race only type trans. It doesn't have a harness in it, just the plug with no wires coming out of it. They even gutted the speedo drive, so now I know what was wrong with my speedo.

Can I modify my T-type plug to work with the KCF? I know that the black plug won't fit in the white socket without some modifications & I was wondering if there was some way that I could modify the socket to accept the plug? Are the wire assignments the same for the 3 remaining wires on the white plug?

The harness in my BRF doesn't exist. Whoever built the tranny must have done it as a race only type trans. It doesn't have a harness in it, just the plug with no wires coming out of it. They even gutted the speedo drive, so now I know what was wrong with my speedo.

Can I modify my T-type plug to work with the KCF? I know that the black plug won't fit in the white socket without some modifications & I was wondering if there was some way that I could modify the socket to accept the plug? Are the wire assignments the same for the 3 remaining wires on the white plug?

You will need to buy 4 prong connector and lockup harness for a GN. Then you will need to drill and tap the 3rd pressure port because most other VBs do not have them.

You will need to buy 4 prong connector and lockup harness for a GN. Then you will need to drill and tap the 3rd pressure port because most other VBs do not have them.

Now that I thought more about it, can anyone tell me where I can get the 4 Prong connector, lock up harness for GN and a BRF valve body??

I don't want to pull the VB out of the BRF that I have due to wanting to get the BRF that I just pulled rebuilt.

I have all those pieces.
BRF VB, harness, and new 4 pin connector.
Call me if you want one.

940-458-1910

non -brf tranny.

I've been running a non-brf tranny since 1998,I built myself.It has the transgo reprogramming kit and everything else is from gn tranny.It has the alto cluches and kolene steels,heat treated parts,wide band,high boost valves,billet servo,etc.It's shift are same as monte carlo ss valve body and can hardly tell the difference.As long as you build it right it will hold up.Mine lasted 4 years and only broke because I was power braking a burn out on the street with friends.I raced this trans all the time,but didn't use lock up much.

I will probably end up building a billet non brf soon.