Non AC GN?

lee01

1GR8MMBR
Is there a non-AC 87 GN is possible from the factory?

If so, is it possible that the blower motor/heater box is different under the hood?

I would imagine you would have had to demand one. Im sure any dealer deliveries would all of had AC. I would check those crazy Canadian for cars without AC. Saying that Ive seen NA regals with No AC and yes the HVAC box is smaller and lot more engine compartment room. The blower motor is a different part number I believe there was no Black rubber tube on those motors. I've only seen them on regals with Bench seats and crank windows.

Is this would be correct for a non AC car?

8808me1_20.jpeg

Its been about 4 yrs since I've been under the hood of a Non AC NA Regal. I could have sworn the Heater Core was to the right of the fan not the left. Question how is your plumbing hooked up from the heater core. I'm guessing you by passed the hard line on the passange side and have a nipple going right into the block.
better watch the rubber with the Downpipe.

no way a LC2 went out of the factory without AC so no way that heater only was factory on a GN or any other turbo

and the box is correct non ac box from a g-body

heres a pic of mine

and for hookup i could have just used the factory hard water lines but chose to run directly into the intake and could have run the return side to the waterpump inlet but instead ran mine to the fbody rad nipple on the end tank just below the rad cap
during the summer i remove the lines , and it appears the rubber feed line is close to the downpipe going to the motor but its just the camera , its not even close

The reason I'm asking, its i'm looking to trade my mustang for a 87GN and that heater box raise a red flag as far as Regal to GN clone, I wasn't sure if non-ac car was optional or simply possible on GN.

I can see it does make nice swap to no-ac, clean and look factory and give little more room for the right valve cover.