Nology plug wires

My friend bought those and we tried them on the Dyno on his superstocker:eek:.We tried those and the MSD superconductor.The nology are junk:rolleyes:They made less HP by more than 3 on the entire curve.They went in the flea market pile and some other sucker felt good:eek:

Kevin

Thanks fellas! I didn't potentially want to waste money on wires that could potentially suck. Is there even any benefit from going to a larger diameter wire? When I got the car it had 10mm wires but I put 8.5mm when I changed them.

The best wires I have used are the MSD 8.5 and the thing I like the best is the the boots stand up to heat real well:D.RJC or Russ Merrit have the best fitting wires for our cars:rolleyes:

Kevin

For $252 dollars for a 6 cylinder they better give you as much bang for the buck as alky. As stated abouve RJC, Russ or MSD imo

The only negative comment here is they made 3 HP less on a dyno, I do not even understand how this is measurable? :confused:

I used these wires for years on my race car and never had a problem. Our cars create lots of EFI which I have seen on the dyno traces at higher RPM, and this is where the Nology wires would help.

It may not be any benefit on a street car, but it make no sense to trash a product because of lack of knowledge or experience?

No bashing here i just wonder how much 252 dollars worth of wires would be any different then lets say a stock set on a street car at 20lbs of boost makes no sense to spend it on wires when you could put it tword orther upgrades MSD'S would be fine for a street car

No bashing here i just wonder how much 252 dollars worth of wires would be any different then lets say a stock set on a street car at 20lbs of boost makes no sense to spend it on wires when you could put it tword orther upgrades MSD'S would be fine for a street car

Could not agree more, I have used MSD wires for years on street and strip turbo Buicks with great success. :)

But realize that the imports rev to over 9000 RPM even on the street, and RFI and crosstalk between wires gets ugly at that level.

Truth About Ignition Wire Conductors
Looking at a Google search on them brings up a bunch of car forums with people asking if they are worth the big $$. Most responses are NO. Either no change from OEM or loss of HP. Went though that with my old Nissan Maxima forum. There were posts every other week on them. They don't do anything special that warrents the cost.

The only negative comment here is they made 3 HP less on a dyno, I do not even understand how this is measurable? :confused:

I used these wires for years on my race car and never had a problem. Our cars create lots of EFI which I have seen on the dyno traces at higher RPM, and this is where the Nology wires would help.

It may not be any benefit on a street car, but it make no sense to trash a product because of lack of knowledge or experience?

Nick I have to respectfully disagree.:smile:I dyno with a friend that has been racing a superstocker for over 30 years,these wires did nothing on a motor that goes 8200 rpm and makes 740 hp from a low compression motor.He was so up set with them he was just going to throw them out:eek:.We did A-B-A testing.Not a random shot in the dark test.Thanks

Kevin

Good info guys. I'll just stick with my MSD 8.5's but next time get em from Russ. :cool:

The main reason I considered purchasing them was because I was quoted $160 plus shipping and he had a set on the shelf and could make me a set of black ones if I wanted. Still expensive but not $250 like on his website.