No start

jooset

Cranks a couple a seconds then clicks. Hooked up the battery tender and charged battery. Voltage 12.5 at the battery. Scan master showed 11.4 or 11.6 with the key in ignition/run (and decreased by 0.2 for each start attempt). Checked the battery drain - don't think I have too much, in the neighborhood of 20mA nominal. Volts light does come on when the key is initially turned to run. Car is in the garage - so I haven't rolled it out to maneuver my truck to jump start it yet (so I could check the voltage at idle).

In the last few months or so, the car needed a shot from the battery tender after a week or two (it's a garage queen). Now, that didn't even do the trick. Last time I skipped the battery tender and just jumped it - and it ran fine.

Can't find my records on the battery (AC Delco)...not sure when I got it...but it takes a charge and does put out some decent voltage.

Thoughts? Recommendations? I'm not a smart man.... :confused:

Thanks all!
Matt

Is Security Light Blinking All The Time, Of Course, Try Taking Out The Bulb , Ive Tried This And The Battery Wasnt Draining Anymore Or Install A Battery Shutoff Switch At The Battery

update

Alarm light was not blinking. Seems I can put the battery tender on it and it charges up in just an hour or two - even after two weeks of sitting, then starts fine. While running I've got 13.2 to 13.8 volts depending on what's running. Drain on battery measures 20mA. I guess battery? Seems odd that it charges right up though. Thoughts?

disregard previous post

Battery tender appears to charge the battery right up. Green light on the tender indicating full charge. Window in Delco Battery is Green. Scanmaster indicates 11.9V (I still ready 12.5 at the battery). NO Start. Can hear the starter clicking away. Hmmmm? Ran fine the last time I drove the car.

Help!

this should be obvious

I just noticed that when I put the key in and move it to the run position (car not running obviously because I can't get it to start) the voltage reading on the scanmaster marches down quite rapidly...losing about a thenth of a volt every 2 seconds. Voltage across the battery terminals comes down only slightly...maybe down to 12.3 volts by the time the scan master was reading 8.0. Is that a clue that helps anyone...I'm feeling stupid.

thanks,
electrically challenged.