No Start..... yes really....

make sure there is no corrosion in the ecm connector. the ecm controls the fuel pump relay.

the screwdriver test won't work on these cars' crank sensors because you will not get spark until the crank and cam sensor signals are both seen by the ignition module.

inspect the wastegate control hoses, they like to deteriorate with age. just replace them with a new set. the Y connector in the hose assembly is a special unit so you can't use a parts-store Y.

congrats on the purchase.

Bob

and post some pics

:)

1435872092422-1.jpg
1435627387779-1.jpg
Best 2 I have at the moment :)

Don't use those plugs! Waste of money. Just use R43TS standard plugs or autolite 23s. Set the gap to a tight 0.035". Just don't use platinum plugs.

NO DON'T DO THAT! There is a fule pump prime wire connector located behind/ near the alternator! All you need to do is run a wire from the hot terminal at the back of the alternator to this connector and the pump should come on. If it doesn't your pump is bad. The last thing you want to be doing is cutting wires!
Yes. Better idea.

But a newbie would never know that. Most car guys know you can jack-out a relay. In a 75 mile away jam........I'm cutting wires.

Fancy plugs don't work in our cars. E3 is probably the worst. I'm using ngk ur5 and they seem fine. Had the porcelain break on an autolite plug once. Search for zddplus and add a bottle to your oil. If you have power master brakes you might want to switch over to vacuum or hydroboost.

I second the NGK UR5s..... Love'em - oh and actual part number is 2771

aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add to your list:
* Flush the brake system.
* Change the diff lube.
* Back flush the rad.

So I had to get another ECM, seeing as corrosion had corroded one of the pins into.... wasn't happy when I found that.....

So I removed the chips to put in the new ecm...
But, I don't think this is stock
20150704_105605.jpg

Any idea what this is or where it's from or what the 28's about?

Looks like an old modern muscle street chip for 93 octane and 28 lb (stock) injectors.

its a good starting point.

Bob