No start question

Frank Darcy

85gmgn
I mistakenly plugged an 87 coil pack/control module into my 85 without the wiring adapter. The car did not start so I swapped back to my 85 set up, but the car still does not start. I checked my fuses under the dash and found no blown fuses. Any thoughts on what I may have blown. Are there any other fuses I should look at? Thanks Frank

Have you verified that it's definitely a no-spark condition vs. no fuel? Was the car running just prior to putting the '87 parts on?

Yes it was running. I get 46 lbs of fuel pressure as soon as I turn on the key.
Fuel pressure & pulsing injectors are two different things. You really need to see if you can detect any spark or squirt some fuel in the throttle body & see what happens.

Thanks for the responses, I will check for a spark and gas later today or tomorrow. I'm thinking I took out either the cam sensor, crank sensor or ECU. Thanks Frank

Guys, thanks for the responses, it turned out to be what fmster and charlief1 said, it was the crank sensor. Thanks for the help. So for the record, if you plug an 87 coil pack and module into an 84/85 car, without the Caspers addaptor, you blow the crank sensor. Good to know.