No start procedures

that guy

Anyone have a link to the no start procedures? gnttype.org is down and I can't get my car started. Please post them if you have them.

What was the last thing you messed with on the car?

Turn the key on, does your ses light come on?
If no, the computer isnt getting 12volts, is your orange wire plugged in?

If yes to the ses light on the dash, does it flash irratic?

Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

What was the last thing you messed with on the car?

Turn the key on, does your ses light come on?
If no, the computer isnt getting 12volts, is your orange wire plugged in?

If yes to the ses light on the dash, does it flash irratic?

Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

Replaced head gaskets. My idiot brother in law:rolleyes: was helping me button everything back up. I didn't double check his handy work. He had the 2 and 6 sparkplug wires crossed. Cranked a few times then the loudest backfire, I have ever heard from a car. Rattled the windows of my garage.

No trouble codes, got spark, and I got fuel. I think it mat be the cam sensor, got hurt somehow?

Yeah, check the coil pack to spark plugs again.

Coil pack 426 153 and 135 246 on the motor.

If you have fuel and spark, floor the gas pedal when cranking to clear it out, the injectors dont spray with the pedal to the floor.

I doubt the cam sensor got damaged from the backfire, you didnt remove it to do the heads did you?

BW

Yeah, check the coil pack to spark plugs again.

Coil pack 426 153 and 135 246 on the motor.

If you have fuel and spark, floor the gas pedal when cranking to clear it out, the injectors dont spray with the pedal to the floor.

I doubt the cam sensor got damaged from the backfire, you didnt remove it to do the heads did you?

BW

Never touched the cam sensor during gasket swap. Plugs are routed correctly. I don't have one of the cam sensor tools to check it with.

I think it has to that or the ECM. Yes the orange wire is plugged in. What is a noid light?

Well, if you didnt remove the cam sensor, and it was running fine before... I dont think it was the cam sensor.

A noid light is used to check and see if a injector is getting power while cranking. I didnt mention anything about a noid light thou.

You didnt unplug the crank sensor to get the harness out of the way did you?

BW

Well, if you didnt remove the cam sensor, and it was running fine before... I dont think it was the cam sensor.

A noid light is used to check and see if a injector is getting power while cranking. I didnt mention anything about a noid light thou.

You didnt unplug the crank sensor to get the harness out of the way did you?

BW

I read about the noid light on the troubleshooting section of the vortex link. I know I am getting fuel to all 6 cylinders as the plugs were wet when I checked each one for spark.

Ran fine before. I didn't unplug the cam sensor. I was thinking the hellacious backfire might have caused a problem with it.

You might have misread, i wrote crank sensor on my last post. :)

cam fuel
crank fire

BW