No start problems plus other problems

OmahaKnight

Collector of money pits
Lately, after I've driven my GN for a while, after about 20 minutes, when i turn it off, it won't restart until i let it sit for about 10 minutes. It happened to me last nite when i went to the car wash, sprayed her off then went to start her and she turned over but wouldn't start. I let her sit for about 10-15 minutes then she started up for me. My fuel guage read about 41lbs line on so i know she's getting fuel, what else could it be? There's also a stumble when she's in idle.

Here's what I'm running. 87 GN with TA-49, 50lb injectors from precision turbo, Walbro 307 and hotwire kit from racetronix, chip from TurboTweak c/o Eric, adj fuel reg, and scanmaster 2.1
TPS is set at 42 and IAC is set at 28. I'm running a stock MAF also. Ignition module was replaced by a GM unit about 6 weeks ago and coil pack I bought last fall from O'reillys. I've replaced about every sensor and electonic device on the car and I've had no codes recently, the last one I had was code 45 about a month ago.

Any ideas on what could cause a no start like that?

whenever it won't start check for spark onw of your sensors could be getting wet,also my car wouldn't start sometimes after i washed or if it rained real bad it was my hotwire was getting by the relay was getting wet causing a poor connection it eventually failed on me.

I'm pretty sure its not because anything is getting wet, it happened to me earlier this week when I got pulled over. When the deputy left, she wouldn't start until I let her sit for about 10 minutes.

I've had the same symptom happen to me when I first bought my car. Check the wires running from the wire harness to the starter solenoid. I had found a wire where the copper was showing through the wire insulation and the heat from the block made it very brittle. If bare wire is exposed to the severe heat you may not be getting the current/signal you need to complete the circuit to the solenoid. I also had noticed a miss when I would be cruising at normal speeds. Tell tale sign.. HTH

Mike Banas
87GN