No Start, Help

SavageT

I just installed my new motor in my stock T, The car has been sitting for about 2 years do to other projects. The car started and ran fine for about 10 minutes or so, then it died, the car is not getting any fuel. It runs on starting fluid, I get no fuel pump at all (does not prime when key is turned also). I’m thinking it’s the fuel pump, but wanted to run it pass you guys first. All stock with no hot wire. Thanks

It sounds like it could be the pump or power to the pump. If it really is the original pump, I would replace it regardless if the old one was working or not. Questionable pump could cause a lean condition and blow gaskets or pistons at the worst case scenerio.

Get the Walbro pump/Hot wire kit of the day. Not sure what model they are recommending now.

Do you have oil pressure? I believe without oil pressure, the fuel pump won't run. But you should hear it run with key on before start.

Yup, should replace the stock fuel pump anyway, looks to me like a good time to do it..

ok, going to replace the fuel pump, but should I have voltage for at least 2 secounds after turning the key to the on position?

yes you should have voltage for a few secs to prime her up. If it ran and then quit it could be something as simple as a fuse. Check them first If thats ok then I think its a relay up front that primes it for a sec, it might have went bad from sitting up Daniel Ray