No start condition on my 87 GN after being parked in garage for a few years

Conan56

I was hoping someone on this site could maybe point me in the right direction in figuring out my no start condition. My GN ran when it was parked in the garage a few years ago and I have recently decided to get it up and running again. The car has @ 43lbs of fuel pressure at the rail, shows injector pulse on at least one fuel injector and will fire when starting fluid is sprayed into the open Throttle body so I know I have to have spark. There are only two things I could think of that could possibly be the problem at this point, either the fuel is so stale that it will not ignite (highly doubtful) or the injectors are so gummed up with evaportated gas that they will not open and close when the injector recieves it's signal to fire.

If the injectors are indeed gummed up to the point that they will not flow, can someone reccomend how to clean them out (they are MSD 50'S)

If anyone else can think of possible cause please point me in the right direction.

Start by cleaning the tank, changing the filter, cleaning the lines, and the injs.
While the tank is down, put in a fresh pump and sock.
To clean them, remove and send to a cleaning/flow test facility.:D

For troubleshooting and for a lot of good information on the turbo buick cars here is a great site just go to this link.

vortexbuicks-etc.com

For injector cleaning/inspecting i've heard that Chuck Leeper does a great job.

probably the gas.. since the pump runs, it will be a simple thing to drain the tank using the shrader valve on the fuel rail and the hose from your gauge with a hose extension running into a gas can. i figured out that i can make an extension hose out of a chunk of cheap 1/4" air compressor hose... just jump the wires at the oil pressure switch to turn on the pump and pump it all out, making sure to not let the pump keep running after the tank is empty or you will kill it.. then change the fuel filter, add new gas, and it should start.. might also want to make sure that you didn't wash a bunch of gas past the piston rings and contaminate your oil..

Something that would be a little easier is to to jump the fuel pump hotwire below the alternator with the hot from the hood light. As far as your no start but will with starting fluid goes, I had a tps that went bad and caused that issue once. Hth