No Radio, Power Locks and Digital Dash Resets

V6Turbo

My Radio and Antenna, Power Door Locks, and Digital Dash resets. Digital Dash comes up in Metric during Initial Ignition.

Checked Radio fuse but looks looks good.

Any suggestions on what it can be?

newbie with car audio knowledge

1984-87 Buick Regal Stereo Wiring
Disclaimer
*All information on this site is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to fitness for a particular use. Any user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and use of this information. Please verify all wire colors and diagrams before applying any information.

here is a break down of your stereo diagram just in case, pull the radio and make sure you don't have a loose wire behind the radio and if it's an aftermarket you may check your connections. I'm sure it's deeper then that if it's doing all that but atleast you'll know things are ok behind the radio. I don't know how to tell how the correct procedure is to tell if you have a short, but i know you'll need a 12 volt lite. You may need this and you may not but i thought i would try and help cover the area i know. If it's grounding out behind the radio then that may be the problem. doesn't hurt to check it.

good luck.

• Alarm Information • Cruise Control Information • View all Buick Vehicles
Please do not copy and paste this table into your forum posts. Please copy and paste the link below instead:
( 1984-87 Buick Regal Stereo Information )

1984-87 Buick Regal Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 3 1/2" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 4" x 10" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

Check the cig lighter. if it is not working check that fuse. Cig lighter may be the problem.Common on these cars.

newbie with car audio knowledge

that is a common problem as it was stated a few posts above. the interior lites, cig lighter, are all wire on the same fuse. I've seen guys trying to get constant power by tapping into the power wire going to the cig lighter. but since you'll be pulling the complete faceplate, might as well check your connections to your radio. wouldn't hurt and it's only 4 screws and you'll get a good look at the wiring behind your ac controls and everything. trust me the metal under the dash and behind the radio are razor sharp so they can cut wires with relative ease. just my 2 cents and it's worth looking into atleast to know it's ok there. even factory plugs go bad so if you still have the stock radio in it, it'd be worth checking out.