No power to ignition switch!!!

sy1322

Well the first thing it did was about to start, and then everything died no signals no gauges (digital) no wipers, have checked the fuse box, took it off, check all the wires, looked at wiring diagram, has fire to the fuse box, and some of the fuses are good, but some have no power, got power to the ECM, just confused why there is no power to the ignition switch wires? Any help would be appreciated.

Will check that out, thanks! But even if you have some power coming in, you know when you turn the key, and everything turns on, except for the starter, until you turn the ignition all the way forward, to engage the starter, well nothing turns on, no buzzes and no check engine, oil,

Just to clarify here. You turn the ignition switch on and all the lights come on, but when you turn it to start it does nothing?

No none of the lights turn on, but the headlights, dome light, cig lighter, interior lights work, battery full charge.

I'm with charlie on this one....

Sounds like one of the fusible links is gone.

Jerry

Well you guys are right! It was the fusible link, on the starter solenoid, fixed it and now get everything!!!!! Thanks guys, now one more stupid question, pulled the ignition switch and trying to figure out how to install it back, any pics how it goes back on, and thanks for everything.

I Am Having The Same Issue...

Prior to attempting to start my car, my headlights are on and when I try to start my car the headlights go out. I ordered the fuse link kit from Caspers.