No oil pressure after removing oil cooler adapter

boostedLC2

I removed the factory engine oil cooler adapter and reinstalled the filter directly to the pump housing. Now when I start the car I'm not getting any oil pressure. Is there some trick to removing the adapter that I've missed? Should it be necessary to pack the pump with Vaseline even if I never took the pump off?

Thanks for any help,

Jim

It should not be too hard to prime the pump again. All i did was disconnect the oil cooler lines and pour oil into them...I also put a rag around the hose fitting and blew hard (yuck but it worked) into the hose. I was having trouble getting the pump to prime and this worked on the first try.....

the trick of pouring oil into the oil cooler lines isn't going to help too much if he took the oil cooler adapter out...

I don't know why the pump would lose it's prime if all you did was take the cooler adapter off. I wouldn't have expected that. Maybe you did something to the wires on the gauge sender while you were messing around down there? Something to check. I can't think of anything special to this job, should be very straightforward, just as you described.

John

Thanks for the replys. John your right I don't have the option of priming thru the oil cooler lines anymore.

I'm thinking that since I had the cooler lines disconnected for a couple of weeks before I actually removed the cooler apapter, I gave it time to gradually drain back and loose it's prime. In retrospect, if I would have immediately pulled the adapter when I disconnected the lines I may have been alright. I did check the wiring at the sender(s) and it looks OK. Both my idiot light and pressure gauge are reading no pressure.

Thanks again,

Jim

oil.

Rather than take the oil filter adapter off and pack the pump....

Just put the cooler adapter back on long enough to pour oil into the cooler line to backfill the oil passages.

Then take it back off, spin on a filter and start it up.....

B

DOH!!

Bob, that would be waaaaay to easy. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that plus fill the filter as Russ suggested.

Thanks!

Jim